Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Voigtlander 90mm SL metering in istDL

Guys, this is kinda a repetetive question, probably any owner of a SL series voigtlander. Are those lenses suppose to meter and be usable on DSLR??? I mean, putting the lens in the A mode, should the DSLR automatically recognize it and be able to operate the lens?? Or is it reserved for the SL II series only??
Im asking coz I sent my voigtlander 90/3.5 back to CameraQuest to have it checked, since I couldnt determine if it was a faulty lens or the mount was not full compatible with KAF mount. But this thought came to my mind, and probably I'll have to call CameraQuest and apologize since its my DSLR that would not take the lens...
Any thoughts??

02-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
DAP

The lens is a KA mount so it should be able to meter just fine on a digital camera. That being said I used to own a copy a while back and when I received it (new) the metering chip/circuit/whatever was screwed up. It would register as 2.5 when the lens was wide open instead of 3.5 (and the exposure was off because of it). I sent it back and had it fixed (and it had a scratch on the rear element when it was returned - but thats another story). Me thinks that the cosina products have some qc issues at times. (but for the price that is expected I guess).
02-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yes, I sent it back to CameraQuest and the guy has no idea so far... I mean, I get the lens in the camera and I have the same result if would get a K mount lens there. No aperture or light metering reading.

More comments and experiences welcome!