Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Chart of Pentax Compatible Lens

Some time back there was post with a link to a website that had a list of all Pentax digital compatible lenses. Does anyone remember what that link is.

I am looking to buy a telephoto up to 500mm and want to thoroughly research the options.

Thanks for any assistance

02-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
You could try the Pentax and Third Party Lens databases here in the forums to start.

There's Welcome to Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Page , but I think he only covers Pentax lenses, not third parties.

You could try M42 is a site dedicated to M42 adaptator lenses. You will find here tests, from argentic to numeric cameras and oldest to newest M42 lenses. Members described their work and the used lens. Oldies, but goldies! if you wanted to use screwmount M42 lenses instead of K Mount lenses, but you'll need a good adapter to do it (will run $25-$40 or so for a good one)

I'm not sure what you mean by "digital compatible" though...all K Mount and m42 screwmount lenses are useable on Pentax digital cameras, the only concern I've heard of is that some of the newer digital specific (DA) lenses might not cover the whole frame on a full-frame digital or film camera.
02-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Try this link:

The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

I has been recently updated and has a lot of really good information.
02-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Try this link:

The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

I has been recently updated and has a lot of really good information.
Hey, I've never seen that before, and it does indeed look interesting. Thanks for the link.

02-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks everyone this is very helpful. Here is an additional site that may be of interest for those shopping for lens. Pentax lens overview for Digital Cameras - DCVIEWS

Tim