Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dave9t5 Quote
[...]

Jerrysherman, you are a very bad man! Very bad!

Your images in the M-lens Club forum broke me down. I ran out and bought a K-m "digital-back" just to mount my M20/4 (...and got me mini-lusting for an M85/2).

You didn't know you were doing it then, so can forgive. But now you are conciously trying to break me down....

If you have posted any of your secrets besides good lenses (both pre- and post-processing) anywhere here I would like to read it.

OK, that combo (K-M & M 20 f/4) is going to be truly exceptional - very small, just killer IQ. The K-M has the K10D sensor, so at ISO 100 & 200, you are capable of getting just exquisite images, as good as anything the K20D can do depending on your processing.

I actually bought the K-M intending to get an M 20 f/4 (or maybe DA 21ltd) to use it with, but couldn't find an M 20 f/4 for less than $300 at the time. I thought my original M 20 f/4 was stolen, turns out it was in an old hoodie pocket - meantime, I sold the K-M, and then found the M 20. Wish I could have tried that combo. The lack of red focus indicator wouldn't have mattered with the M 20, because you're shooting at hyperfocal/infinity most of the time anyway. A perfect combo.

And yeah, the M 85 f/2 would give you a class-leading small telephoto combo, IMO (most people don't realize how compact that M 85 f/2 is.)

To summarize - you did really well there, congrats and enjoy.

02-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dave9t5 Quote
(Is that a wire-cut die?)
That's actually a close-up of a section of artwork on the False Creek waterfront here in Vancouver. It's a slab of what looks to be stainless steel perhaps about 20mm thick with a ton of cutouts of various things. I took this one specifically to shake things up a bit in an "insect macros" thread...
02-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sean Nelson Quote
That's actually a close-up of a section of artwork on the False Creek waterfront here in Vancouver. It's a slab of what looks to be stainless steel perhaps about 20mm thick with a ton of cutouts of various things. I took this one specifically to shake things up a bit in an "insect macros" thread...
Well played!
02-27-2009, 04:44 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Me got DA35 too
u?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/494746-post10.html

just have to say I love that lens...

02-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I got one yesterday, so looking forward to using it.

Anyone in the Toronto area looking, I got it new from Henrys for CA$430 (incl.tax). They price-matched Aden.

At that price, it was hard to resist...

D.
02-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #21

Photos: Gallery
Here are a couple of sample pictures of my DA35 Ltd on the k-m. I am pretty impressed by that lens.
Attached Images