Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stringmike Quote
I am a big fan of Tamron Adaptall lenses and own quite a few. I also own four PKA adapters. Three of them required some adjustment before they would operate properly - two had the glue problem and one a bent lever.

Once you've fixed them, there should be no further problems.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I've always wanted to own this lens - but the hurdle of the A-2 adapter for just one lens was always prohibitive. The economics finally worked.

I'll work on the mount and post the results to this thread.

Paul

02-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As stated earlier, Class A has the best information about fixing the adaptall unknown aperture in AE mode, please visit this link

Pentax Lens Article by Class A

And once you managed to get AE aperture working, I hope you can look for the 1:1 extension tube that works with your 52B or 52BB to go from 1:2 to 1:1 macro. Check and see if you can find it cheaply for $20 to $40. I sold my 52BB together with the 1:1 extension tube, and you can get to 1:1 with this add-on. It IS not a TC but an extension tube that works with adaptall lens.

Tamron SP 52BB + Tamron SP 1:1 extension tube

With the short time that I researched on the lens, I find the look of the 52BB closer to the current Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 1:1 AF macro and I have an non-Di version.

All the best,
Hin
02-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Eureka! Success!! Hallelujah!!

This Forum is an awesome collection of experience, observation and wisdom and a worldwide group of generous, sharing Pentax Enthusiasts!

Ask one question about something that SHOULD work, but isn't working, and a dozen people weigh in with their ideas, resources, references (and images).

So - - - tonight I got my penknife out of my trousers, gently scraped the (just slightly blue-tinged) glue off the tiny, tiny screw nearest the third contact on the Adaptall-2 mount - - - and - - - aperture indications in the VF!!!

Many thanks to Class A ( who wrote the article and posted it to the Articles Forum) who also PM'ed, Hinman, who has been an LBA moratorium supporter, Lowell Gouge who explained the concept of "shorting" to me (closing an electrical circuit - I knew how that worked but had never applied the term to electricity in a positive fashion ), Nesster, MikeP®, Ryan.s, snostorm, Stringmike, pcarfan and everyone who commented and sent me encouraging PM's -

and especially ChrisPlatt, who sold me the lens and offered without hesitation to take it back - Chris, I was determined to make the deal work - and it has.

Hinman, Chris also sent me the 18F extension tube and the 23F screw-in hood.

Stringmike - now that I have one Tamron, how will I ever stop? A 65B was always off-limits . . . .

This lens is going to be a LOT of fun.

Images ASAP!!

Paul (monochrome)
02-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Awesome...glad to hear it works now