Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #1

FF on DA 70mm?

I think my new DA 70mm has that issue. Can you define what exactly it is and how one goes about repairing it? Is the only thing to do is to return it? I don't really understand the update firmware 1.10 but I know alot of people were talking about how they "calibrate" their lenses focusing with it, could I "fix" the 70mm FF issue with that? I'm highly annoyed. I had to order this lens from Canada to be shipped to an american relative to hand deliver it to me inIsrael. It will be a huge pain if I have to get it back to Canada!

04-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
If you want to do the focus adjustment you need to do:

while holding play and ok turn on cmaera
then after firmware is shown
hit fn fn info menu with in 5sec.

then "Debug mode" to "EN" using the 4way press ok

then hit menu and goto setup and scroll down to "AF TEST"

press the right on the 4way
then press down to goto sec line and then left or right depending if front or back focusing.

when finish you have to turn camera off and start at the begining but change "EN" to "DIS

Do this at your own risk, but I hope that your problem gets solved
04-02-2007, 02:46 AM   #3

Original Poster
After re-testing

After testing with a tripod different lenses and different bodies it seems it was a false alarm thankfully. I am so relieved! Will be updating to v1.11 shortly