Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #31
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
The FA77 is a wonderful lens, and just feels good to hold. Well built, and just a nice piece of craftsmanship. I'm probably the only idiot here that sold his.
Actually, I did sell one FA 77/1.8 Ltd. I originally had a silver one, but did not like the "whirring" feeling of its manual focus (very much like the FA 43/1.9 Ltd that I had, and sold). However, when the black 77's were announced, the first users reported better manual focusing with them, so I picked up a black 77, and - yes - it does feel less "busy" while focusing, so I kept the black one and sold the silver one.

(The PDML rumor mill of the time - back in the "pre-digital days of yore", claimed that there had been an extra bearing used in the new batch of black 77's, and, if so, I suspect that now the newer silver 77's also have such a bearing - in any event, my black 77 ~does~ feel a lot nicer than my older silver one did, although I never could detect any optical differences.)

Last edited by fwcetus; 03-23-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens