Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Help identify this mount, please.

I think it's a Konica, but that little metal spike next to the right flange is odd. Is that a Konica?

This was listed as a Pentax K Mount. Obviously not.

03-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those rectangular notches in the bayonet flanges make me think Konica or Minolta. I've never seen a Konica personally. I just see the notch and hit the back button.
03-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Yep, Konica

I am staring at the back of a Hexanon AR 50mm F1.7 from my Grandpa's old Konica Autoreflex A3 that looks identical, so I'd say Konica.
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
mediaslinky Help identify this mount, please.
Yes, I think you guys have it--here is a great site which will confirm your assertions. SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide

Thanks to Stevbrot for posting this site in an earlier thread.

03-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Yes, I think you guys have it--here is a great site which will confirm your assertions. SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide

Thanks to Stevbrot for posting this site in an earlier thread.
That page demonstrates how difficult it can be to take a photo of a lens mount that actually shows all the important details. Or maybe I just find it difficult.
03-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Justonemoredave:That page demonstrates how difficult it can be to take a photo of a lens mount that actually shows all the important details.
I agree with you!
03-03-2009, 04:53 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Yes, a Konica mount. Bad news is that they have a shorter registration distance than most others, so it is hard to find a digital body to mount it at and still focus to infinity. But there are plenty of nice mechanical old Konica film bodies to buy for almost nothing. Try a Konica T3 or T3N. The equivalent to Pentax K2.
03-03-2009, 06:34 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think I'll just return it. Sad thing is I let several other nice lenses get away because I was waiting for this one to arrive.