Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 61
New Pentax Lens Roadmap

Pentax has posted a new lens development roadmap dated as March 3, 2009 @ Interchangeable Lenses : Digital Cameras : Imaging Systems Division : PENTAX

The new DA 15mm/f4 Limited shows a end of March target availability date and the DA* 60-250mm/4 with a target availability date of Spring 2009. Spring 2009 begins on Friday, March 20, 2009 until Saturday, June 20, 2009 (date can be different depending on your location. The DA* 55mm/f1.4 SDM is listed as available. However, I see that is on backorder from Adorama. The DA* 30mm and DA 1.4X SDM Rear Teleconverter that are on the 9/22/08 roadmap are on this latest roadmap.

03-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Torphoto's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Trinidad W.I.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 620
They better have that da 1.4x tc back on the road map or just release it soon, we really need an sdm compatible tc soon.
03-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Idaho, USA
Posts: 60
It's a shame there is no budget "normal" prime like there used to be in the film days. Also missing is an intermediate range zoom, something like an updated version of the 24-90 (replaces the 35-135 zooms) or 28-105. At least a version II of the 50-200. But still, we are blessed with those limited primes and the DA 15mm is a nice addition.
03-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
Does that mean they are dumping the remaining FA lenses from production? Plus, there is nothing in the pipe line that isn't already public. The 3 categories are interesting.

03-09-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glendale, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 61
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by agchang Quote
Pentax has posted a new lens development roadmap dated as March 3, 2009 @ Interchangeable Lenses : Digital Cameras : Imaging Systems Division : PENTAX

The new DA 15mm/f4 Limited shows a end of March target availability date and the DA* 60-250mm/4 with a target availability date of Spring 2009. Spring 2009 begins on Friday, March 20, 2009 until Saturday, June 20, 2009 (date can be different depending on your location. The DA* 55mm/f1.4 SDM is listed as available. However, I see that is on backorder from Adorama. The DA* 30mm and DA 1.4X SDM Rear Teleconverter that are on the 9/22/08 roadmap are on this latest roadmap.
Correction on the last statement regarding DA*30mm and DA*1.4X Teleconverter. I meant to say they are missing from the latest roadmap.
http://www.pentax.jp/english/imaging/digital/lens/roadmap.pdf
03-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,255
QuoteOriginally posted by agchang Quote
Correction on the last statement regarding DA*30mm and DA*1.4X Teleconverter. I meant to say they are missing from the latest roadmap.
http://www.pentax.jp/english/imaging/digital/lens/roadmap.pdf
That's sad. I was actually interested in the DA*30mm. It could've been a good AF standard prime for the cropped sensor. I guess I'm stuck with SMC-A 28 f/2.8.
03-09-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Miserere's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,994
QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
That's sad. I was actually interested in the DA*30mm. It could've been a good AF standard prime for the cropped sensor. I guess I'm stuck with SMC-A 28 f/2.8.
I don't think this means they have been trashed, I just think Pentax has decided not to have a roadmap...like every other lens maker.
03-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
Veteran Member
palmor's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 798
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
I don't think this means they have been trashed, I just think Pentax has decided not to have a roadmap...like every other lens maker.
The only problem with that theory is that they still show that "DA Super Telephoto" lens on the road map but removed the other stuff.


John

03-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
Pentaxian
Just1MoreDave's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,863
I think they've added ten lenses since I got my camera, counting the DA55. They have dropped at least one, the FA28. I don't know how many lenses third-party makers have added. Sure, there are a few lenses that could be added, particularily a good TC. We do have a lot more choices these days.
04-26-2009, 02:23 AM   #10
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13
The road map is now dated March 24 2009.
Only two DFA lens.
Now includes future 645 lens.
http://www.pentax.jp/english/imaging/digital/lens/roadmap.pdf
04-26-2009, 04:53 AM   #11
Veteran Member
pcarfan's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,960
I think the 645 lenses were there before...

How long does it take on average for a lens to appear here and then be released...I know there is a huge range, I think the 60-250 took some 3 years, but what about the 35mm macro ?

Can anyone give a range for when the super telephoto will hit the market...thank you....I know it is only a guesstimate, but if someone know the time it took for the various other lenses, it could be close.....
04-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 818
Maybe it means they are changing the designs for the TC and 30mm so they will be compatible with a future FF sensor. A guy can dream, can't he

QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
That's sad. I was actually interested in the DA*30mm. It could've been a good AF standard prime for the cropped sensor. I guess I'm stuck with SMC-A 28 f/2.8.
04-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #13
Veteran Member
Andi Lo's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,925
If they really are making it compatible with FF, they better keep the FA 50... Why is it not on the map even though it's not discontinued?

edited for accuracy*

Last edited by Andi Lo; 04-27-2009 at 01:57 PM.
04-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,212
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
If they really are making it compatible with FF, they better keep the FA 50... Why is it not on the mpa even though it's discontinued?
Pentax Imaging (Pentax USA, Golden Colorado) is still showing the FA 50mm f1.4 available along with the FA 31mm, FA 77mm, and FA 43mm.

Camera Lens - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

PENTAX FA Lens for Digital SLRs and Compacts: smc PENTAX FA 50mm F1.4
04-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
Veteran Member
Andi Lo's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,925
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Pentax Imaging (Pentax USA, Golden Colorado) is still showing the FA 50mm f1.4 available along with the FA 31mm, FA 77mm, and FA 43mm.

Camera Lens - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

PENTAX FA Lens for Digital SLRs and Compacts: smc PENTAX FA 50mm F1.4
Hmm, so now the mystery changes to: Why are the FA lenses not on the roadmap? Especially when FA 31 is regarded as one of the best AF lenses of all time?

I think I did a typo there, I should've put FA 50 not discontinued
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da, da*, date, k-mount, lens, march, pentax, pentax lens, roadmap, sdm, slr lens, target
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lens Roadmap k100d Pentax News and Rumors 11 09-22-2008 09:48 AM
New on the lens roadmap roscot Pentax News and Rumors 20 03-30-2008 05:30 AM
New Pentax Lens Roadmap! Tbear Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 47 02-08-2008 05:29 PM
Question regarding Pentax Lens Roadmap MSM Pentax News and Rumors 34 12-29-2007 06:16 AM
new lens roadmap MJB DIGITAL Pentax News and Rumors 13 10-02-2007 11:33 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top