Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2007, 05:01 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Dana G Quote
I have the 31 and 77 Limiteds. They are the best lenses for 35mm or digital cameras I have ever seen. Period.

31mm is the best normal on the digitals, and the 77 is perfect for headshots.
It depends on what's needed... if the FA 35mm f2 focuses noticably faster (and it seems to be the case), it could be better for some people.

Last edited by Lazar; 04-16-2007 at 01:38 AM.
04-08-2007, 07:36 AM   #17

Argh! I hate these threads! Major lens envy!

I realllly want this lens but can't justify it! I have my first fashion shoot (assuming job goes through- figures crossed!) I have no idea how much I'll be making off it but I'm hoping enough to get this prime- it's the last one on my list! Of course there are still some zooms to acquire (it's always something though right?). I also just submitted some work to a gallery in Amsterdam looking for art by Israeli students (I think this is the first time in my life where being an Israeli student paid off!) and my deal with myself is that if I get accepted (fingers double and triple crossed) I will get this lens!!! I think someone should start your favorite 31mm lens shots. At least that would be something till I could get my own. Maybe Pentax will sponsor me some day eh ?
04-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Finn Quote
I ordered one here: http://www.thecamerastore.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=32483

Still crazy expensive, but the exchange rate works in your favor (Sorry Canada!).
Ordered mine from The Camera Store too. They're supposed to get them in by May. I know it will be worth the wait!
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Luminous Landscape Article

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_Watso Quote
Can it really be that good at 1.8? Does anyone know where the "sweetspot" is?
Since I do not have it yet, perhaps by the end of this week, what I will say is the. Luminous Landscape said that it is perhaps one of the four best lenses in the world, bar none. Now coming from "LL", I consider that quite an endorsement.

Ben

04-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ben, you should love the lens. As long as you like a "normal" focal length. It has such a 3D look to the images. Subjects look rounded instead of flat cutouts. 31 & 77 are the closest, non German lenses, I have ever seen resemble Leica lenses. The 31 is very usable wide open. Enjoy. Many Canon owners cannibalize these wonderful lenses to make them fit. Such a shame.
thanks
barondla (no ones taking my 31 or 77)