Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #16
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd say get 21ltd for those moments when you're not sure if you'll need to go wide and Sigma 10-20 for those when you're sure you'll need to go very wide

BR

03-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love primes so I got the 21 and I love it. Honestly I'm still trying to figure out why it isn't universally loved like the other limited lenses. I can see why some complain about it's bit of barrel distortion, although it hasn't bothered me so far but I cannot complain about any sharpness issues or rendition qualities. Great build quality, lovely lens imho.
But I also want to go wider and that's where the 15Ltd comes in.
When I got my FA 31Ltd I instantly became addicted to the Pentax Limiteds and haven't bought a zoom since so I'm a bit biased:-).
03-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I own a DA 21 but don't have a DA 12-24. However, people extol the virtues of this zoom and - like all WA zooms in this range - it's gotta be more versatile than a DA 21 prime.

I'd have bought one years ago, but for one reason. The sucker weighs almost a pound (430 g) and is big enough to require a 77mm filter. I'm too old to lug the thing around, but that might not be an issue for you at all. If you can live with the size and mass, the zoom is the right answer.

Jer