Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Been thinking...

I have been mulling over what lens to get next, and the question has been asked, "Well, what do you plan on shooting?" So I started to think, what am I going to be shooting?

At the end of this month I am going to be at a wedding on a beach (not shooting, just going) So I was thinking Sigma 17-70 for beach shots and people shots. But there may be some low light issues so I was thinking maybe the Sigma 18-50 cuz it's 2.8 throughout.

Then I am going to a golf tournament the following weekend where I will have pretty much complete run of the place. I def want some wide angle lens shots for all of the scenery out there so whatever lens I get for the beach I can use there, but I will also want some range and portrait ability there, I think that that th DA 50-200 should be good for that, thankfully I already own that lens.

Then the weekend after that I am going to Florida for my fathers 70th birthday party. I am thinking that the Tamron 28-75 would be good for that cuz its 2.8 throughout as well.

Plus I will be getting the DA 100mm 2.8 macro just cuz I want it.

So if I get the Tamron, should I drop the first two Sigma's I was looking at in lieu for the Pentax 16-45 for the extra lowend range and less overlap?

or do I just hold out for the new 16-50 and 50-150?

What should be my plan of action?

Why can't there be a 15-500 f1.4/4, now that lens would just solve all my problems.

04-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Why can't there be a 15-500 f1.4/4, now that lens would just solve all my problems.
But small enough to fit in my bag please.

That 16-45 or 16-50 is always going to be a tough question, so I'm not going to answer it! But if you get the Tamron, I would get the 16-45 rather than one of the Sigmas as it seems to earn great praise from those who use it.