Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
emr

Advice on T2 adapters and lenses?

Some interesting old MF lenses use the T2 mount which is - AFAIK - like an M42 but with a 0.75 mm pitch and not 1 mm. I know there are T2 adapters available. Is there some issues in using T2 adapters, like losing the ability to focus to eternity or something else? Any particular adapter to get or to avoid? And is a T2 adapter used the same way as an M42 - adapter first on body and after that the lens?

Many thanks once again from yours truly.

P.S. I _did_ try to search but the quick one brought nothing obviously related.

03-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Is there some issues in using T2 adapters, like losing the ability to focus to eternity or something else?
I have not run into any problem.

Any particular adapter to get or to avoid?
I just bought the generic ones from FleaBay. They work fine.

And is a T2 adapter used the same way as an M42 - adapter first on body and after that the lens?
I attached the T2 adapter to the lens. The lens thus becomes a PK-mount lens (with "preset" aperture of course). Each lens has its own adapter.
03-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
emr

Thanks!

....and some additional characters...