Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The many talents of the Zenitar

Hi!

In response to a request from tipentax38 and so I don't clog up Asad's wonderful 'in your head' thread, I figured I'd start one with some Zenitar pictures. Jonas did this over at DPR, but I couldn't find that thread readily. Please feel free to add your photos or the link to Jonas' if you have it. His is a more complete collection of pictures/descriptions/information/etc.

Macro:
These were taken with the Vivitar 2XMFTC set to 1:3 or 1:5 (I moved it several times between those two positions), handheld at around 6-8 inches from the flower using focus trap. The Zenitar was set to infinity and F5.6. With the converter set to 1:1 I could never get close enough to the flower to get it in focus before the flower touched the lens.

Wide Angle:

Wide Angle Portrait Orientation:

Wide Angle Stitched:

De-fished and cropped: (horrible examples, but I couldn't find another one. Will post any other I find later...)

04-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Oh, now you got me hooked! I may have the Pentax 10-17 FE, but now I want a Zenny as well! I'll just have to meet up with Photochop one of these days and see if we can shoot some pics together.
04-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I think the defishing turned out really well! Wow Alvin, you got a FE too? Can't wait to see those pics!
04-09-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Very interesting. I like them all, for different reasons. I would take no. 6, crop it so that I only had the flowers/green, play with it just enough to make it look like an impressionist painting and if it looked good, print it large, on canvas. I like to print, but rarely manipulate the pictures; the colors in this just struck me a certain way.

It never would have occurred to me to use a TC with the Zenitar. Something else to try! Thanks.

04-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Oh, now you got me hooked! I may have the Pentax 10-17 FE, but now I want a Zenny as well! I'll just have to meet up with Photochop one of these days and see if we can shoot some pics together.
Any time buddy! I'd be too happy to trade my Zenitar for your Pentax FE

Tracy, nice collection of photographs. I love the red flowers, great perspective.
04-10-2007, 11:33 AM   #6
Forum Member

Zenitar with film

Here are two Zenitar images. I really did not like this film, Arista EDU Ultra 100, but the Zenitar sure is fun.
Attached Images

Last edited by john carter; 04-11-2007 at 04:08 PM.
04-15-2007, 10:31 PM   #7
Inactive Account

thanks a lot !!