Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #181
Pentaxian
wolfiegirl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Outside of Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,066
wow basie, that's amazing. no buyer's remorse whatsoever with buying lenses? can I ask... how many lenses do you have? do they all get an outing? I'm pretty sure I've got close to 30 lenses now.... (actually if you think about it, i think i've been buying for about a month... that's close to a lens a day!! that can't be right....) and after the weekend's binge, I was digging around for a wideangle in my kit bag and all these lenses toppled out that i'd forgotten about........... whooopsie!

11-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #182
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,360
You need to apply some logic to purchasing

In my 45 lenses i have put together 2 complete kits of MF lenses, M42 from 24-200 mm and K mount from 24-135mm plus a 70-210mm, 300, 400 and 200-500mm lenses.

This is in addition to AF zooms from 10mm-200mm

Almost every MF prime is faster than F2.8
11-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #183
Pentaxian
wolfiegirl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Outside of Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,066
Yes but sometimes logic means I let bargains accidently go.....

Seriously though, I'm wanting to put together a m42 and a k mount kit. Most of them will be manuals I think. I'm finding I'm quite enjoying them atm.

I've got 2 cameras, the k100d and kx (we won't talk abt camera #3 that I'm about to try and sell ) and I'm hoping to leave a m42 adapter on one of the bodies, probably the k100d.

I've got two DAs. Basically the lens kit - the 18-55 and the 50-200.

Now that I own the Tammy 90 macro I'm looking to find equal quality Tammy glass which, if I'm lucky enough to get the PKA adapter will mean I get auto functions on that set as well. I already own some of the zoom range although I'm told there are better versions out there, so I'll keep an eye out for them as I'm told that some of Tammy's zooms equate to prime quality.

I've already got a number of prime m42s and a few Tak ks......

I'm about there in terms of what I "need"/"would like" except for maybe something bigger than a 300mm. I have this lovely idea that I'll shoot birds as there a number of species that are fairly rare in my backyard, but who knows if I'll actually do it. Am still learning the range on the 300mm and have one that has yet to arrive, so really I don't need to think about this yet unless something falls into my lap.

The most important thing atm is to test out all my m42s. Today is the last day to wait for the adapter before I start kicking up a stink on ebay. Priority Mail my foot.. *mutters*

*takes a gulp of water*

I'm not an addict. I just "require" a few lenses is all..
11-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #184
Pentaxian
wizofoz's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, Outer east.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,654
Hi wolfie, if you are looking for something longer than 300mm I have a M 500 F4.5 that I could sell you....

not that I'm trying to inflame your LBA at all...nope, not at all...


Last edited by wizofoz; 11-07-2011 at 04:22 PM.
11-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #185
Pentaxian
wolfiegirl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Outside of Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,066
omg wizofoz....

depends on how much you're asking... $10? *cackles loudly*
11-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #186
Pentaxian
wizofoz's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Melbourne, Outer east.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,654
maybe a 'smidge' more than that....
11-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #187
Pentaxian
wolfiegirl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Outside of Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,066
*giggles*
11-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #188
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NewYork
Posts: 899
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Cameras & lenses at work, you must be hiding them from someone at home? Yes you have LBA & CBA!

Phil.
I'm guessing some of those lenses are going to get snuck home in the trunk, then when a particular someone isn't around, they get snuck into the house. When questioned, is that a new lens, the answer is, not at all, I have had that forever!!!

My personal aprooach is to grab the package out of the mail when no one is looking, slide the bedroom window open, set the box on the window sill hidden behind the blinds, then go to the bedroom and get the package when I can do it unobserved. That is one of the most important reasons for tracking, to get to the package before the wife sees it.

11-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #189
Pentaxian
wolfiegirl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Outside of Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,066
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
I'm guessing some of those lenses are going to get snuck home in the trunk, then when a particular someone isn't around, they get snuck into the house. When questioned, is that a new lens, the answer is, not at all, I have had that forever!!!

My personal aprooach is to grab the package out of the mail when no one is looking, slide the bedroom window open, set the box on the window sill hidden behind the blinds, then go to the bedroom and get the package when I can do it unobserved. That is one of the most important reasons for tracking, to get to the package before the wife sees it.
so I came home from the camera fair on sunday right? and hubby spots the 300mm tammy in my lap. a few jokes later he looks at me again and says slowly, 'sooo... how much did that cost?'

I very proudly (and honestly .. for once *snicker*) said $10.

The look on his face was priceless. No more ribbing after that.

Most lenses get snuck home on the camera day by day. And he doesn't know about the kx in the plastic bag that I snuck into the house right under his nose least not yet. I'll wait till I sell off the second k100d, then I'll just edge it one afternoon while taking pics or whatever.

What would really kill everything is if he saw all my lenses together at once. I've been meaning to take a pic of them all together. Atm I've got two leather rectangular satchel bags that manage to fit my m42s and k mounts in separately. I already know I've got too much though because on the weekend I was digging around for my 18-55 for a wideangle shot and was sending lenses flying everywhere...

I love that you're sneaking the package into the bedroom ripit. Do you lock the door too so you get "private time"? I hate it when I'm excitedly trying something out and the OH makes all these snide comments. It's like, let me enjoy my purchase already!!! It's one of the best things about getting the lenses sent to work. No one's there watching me gleefully tear up the packaging and shakily holding my new lenses....
11-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #190
Pentaxian
twitch's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,571
It helps to buy lenses that look a lot like the ones your S.O. already knows you own. It's a bit harder with bodies.
11-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #191
Pentaxian
wolfiegirl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Outside of Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,066
well the good thing is the kx is a black one...
11-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #192
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,360
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Yes but sometimes logic means I let bargains accidently go.....

Seriously though, I'm wanting to put together a m42 and a k mount kit. Most of them will be manuals I think. I'm finding I'm quite enjoying them atm.

I've got 2 cameras, the k100d and kx (we won't talk abt camera #3 that I'm about to try and sell ) and I'm hoping to leave a m42 adapter on one of the bodies, probably the k100d.

I've got two DAs. Basically the lens kit - the 18-55 and the 50-200.

Now that I own the Tammy 90 macro I'm looking to find equal quality Tammy glass which, if I'm lucky enough to get the PKA adapter will mean I get auto functions on that set as well. I already own some of the zoom range although I'm told there are better versions out there, so I'll keep an eye out for them as I'm told that some of Tammy's zooms equate to prime quality.

I've already got a number of prime m42s and a few Tak ks......

I'm about there in terms of what I "need"/"would like" except for maybe something bigger than a 300mm. I have this lovely idea that I'll shoot birds as there a number of species that are fairly rare in my backyard, but who knows if I'll actually do it. Am still learning the range on the 300mm and have one that has yet to arrive, so really I don't need to think about this yet unless something falls into my lap.

The most important thing atm is to test out all my m42s. Today is the last day to wait for the adapter before I start kicking up a stink on ebay. Priority Mail my foot.. *mutters*

*takes a gulp of water*

I'm not an addict. I just "require" a few lenses is all..
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Hi wolfie, if you are looking for something longer than 300mm I have a M 500 F4.5 that I could sell you....

not that I'm trying to inflame your LBA at all...nope, not at all...
Just look out the Minimum focus distance is spomething like 35-50 feet on the 500/4.5 I have a better solution, a tamron adaptall 200-500F5.6 MFD is about 8 feet. Just remember these two points when considering that 3" long bird from 35 feet away is still too damm small to recognize in the image
11-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #193
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,360
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
It helps to buy lenses that look a lot like the ones your S.O. already knows you own. It's a bit harder with bodies.
OK Just try sneaking my tammy 200-500F5.6 past anyone, the case is over 2 feet long and the entire thing weighs more than 3 kilos.
11-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #194
Pentaxian
wolfiegirl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Outside of Canberra, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,066
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
OK Just try sneaking my tammy 200-500F5.6 past anyone, the case is over 2 feet long and the entire thing weighs more than 3 kilos.


least my 90mm tammy got through unnoticed. what he doesn't know yet is that i'm going to somehow sneak that 3 figure $$ out of the joint account. haven't figured out how to do it quietly yet though..
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #195
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,360
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote


least my 90mm tammy got through unnoticed. what he doesn't know yet is that i'm going to somehow sneak that 3 figure $$ out of the joint account. haven't figured out how to do it quietly yet though..
You mean you don;t control the banking
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, lba, lens, lenses, pentax lens, slr lens, support
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inside the mind of the anonymous online poster deadwolfbones General Talk 10 06-20-2010 12:00 AM
Please help… I have “LBA-P”… LBA Paranoia!!!!! pHREDD D Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 14 03-13-2010 07:29 AM
LBA need some help gokenin Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 18 02-06-2010 11:52 AM
New LBA-Anonymous Bumpersticker Design jeffkpotter Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 04-12-2009 07:45 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top