Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #271
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think it is really bad new for your LBA.
Nop, no modification needed for non-ai nikkor lenses. It just fits perfectly tight with a turn of 8-9mm.
I should know that. Shift lenses do not have any kind of communication back to the body, so there is no need for Nikon to modify this lens.

I want to secure the lens to pentax body by making a hole for the lock pin - that's because the lens is some what expensive, around 600-700 usd for a mint copy.
I am not sure if i want to drill hole on the mount - my copy is as new. Unlike older non-ai lenses, this PC nikkor might be in newer batch with newer coating.

11-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #272
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
so it's tight with 8-9mm turn yet you still want to lock it in? *confused*
11-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #273
Pentaxian

safer with a lock pin.
And shift lenses can both shift and rotate. Without a lock pin I may rotate it opposite way and lose the lens.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_lens

I did that with my mir45 medium format lens. it dropped on the tile floor into several pieces - should not happen again with this beauty.
11-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #274
Pentaxian

owwwie!!

can you ummm, take a pic of your nikkor mount or direct me to a linky that does?

just for 'knowledge' purposes. not for um, buying purposes?

11-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #275
Pentaxian

Several photos here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111102833818394930252/Nikkor28pc

the design of nikkor 28 PC is almost like pentax K28shift, but smaller and lighter, same 12 clicks rotation.
Shifting using screw while pentax K28 using ring rotation.
11-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #276
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
what do you mean a hole for the lock pin?
That mount makes a good force-fit but it's not secure. Cut a slot 1mm+ wide and deep and 5mm long, or drill a hole 1.5mm wide and deep, and the PK locking pin slides right in. Easy-peasy.
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #277
Pentaxian

aha! a mod!!! that rules it out for me.

*nods to self*
11-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #278
Veteran Member

*nods to self*
It's more of a mini-mod. Not performed by mini-me.

11-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #279
Pentaxian

still requires a dremel and this is a dremel free household. bwahahaha

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 11-10-2011 at 02:08 AM.
11-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #280
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can use flash with manual lenses and any of your bodys except one way. The flash can only fire full power. You would just have to keep dropping the aperture and shutter untill you get the right exposure (there is most likely a limit how fast you can go on the shutter, mine is 1/180th sec). Try stopping down a lot and then it may be a matter of doing the calculations (I never shot film so I never learned how to), or just trial and error till you get the right exposure. If you are at your smallest aperture and fastest avalable shutter speed and its still to bright then you just can not use flash (perhaps an external flash bounced might work, I don't know). The ist series bodies were the last series that had a ttl sensor in the body, and therefor could meter with a manual lens. I do not know if you can use the internal flash on an ist (at least I havent figured out how to yet but I havent tried that hard), but I know for a fact that you can use an external flash with a full manual lens and it will meter properly. Try your camera with flash on an A lens or an auto focus lens and see if it exposes corectly then? Keep in mind that there is a limit to how fast the shutter can fire with flash (1/180th on mine) so you most likely will have to set the lens to A and let the camera have control of the aperture, or at least set it to A and change the aperture through the camera so that it knows what aperture you are shooting.
I simply use an old Oly OM32 Flash, which has its own exposure sensor in it that is used when the Flash is in conrol (Manual). Set the lens aperture (speed doesn't matter much, the flash duration determines the exposure) for the desired range (it has a range scale for any given ISO), and fire. Perfect exposure almost every time, no PTLL.
11-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #281
Pentaxian

*nods to self*
At least if i can find bargains nikkor non ai, i know you are not bid on them. The less people buying the lower price i can have. One less to worry. Thanks. Keep it that way. I am not mean in anyway. Its for your own good.
11-11-2011, 01:09 AM   #282
Pentaxian

LOL LOL LOL

i'll think about it......
11-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #283
Veteran Member

I have only three newish lenses and five old ones from my Ricoh and Pentax K1000 days, but my DA* was the most expensive toy that I bought for myself and the buyers remorse did not manifest. Am looking at 50-135, but cash reserves are a bit low for that, but I will get one eventually and not feel bad about it.

Cheers
11-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #284
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm Cured!

I have been LBA-free for a month! My strategy for defeating LBA is simple: buy all the lenses you want, then stop.
11-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #285
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I have been LBA-free for a month! My strategy for defeating LBA is simple: buy all the lenses you want, then stop.
So you'll never want an A50/1.2? Noted.