Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
Ah, as this venerable thread sags into oblivion I have these thoughts and questions:
What about the lesser, but equally pernicious affliction LABA,"Lens accessory buying addiction"? No one dare speak it's sordid and shameful name. Are you relentless in buying lens caps ,filters, adapter rings, and teleconverters? Why have we not heard from anyone with this sad affliction? ....
Oh, i bought last month from Sweden three little gems.I paid for these three 2400 SEK(say around 300 USD).
I love them, and hug them for it's performance and price. But...

The seller told me, just one day before received a visit from a guy who was into Leica.
That one stayed in the shop for 5 hours and in the end walked with original Leica caps and lens accessories 2600 SEK worth.
So, there you go.

04-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #122

Cancelling the business trip would have been self-destructive as then I would have no job to continue to support my LBA. I thought the whole Catch-22 thing invovled here was very ironic.
04-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Somehow I manage to stay married...

Regards, Jim

My latest effort has been to tell the wife that our planned trip to Nepal in November would be a wasted effort if I dont get my FA 31 limited.... she actually agreed
07-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #124
jeffkpotter

Price Rises

07-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I started with the d-slr thing about a year and a half ago. I had NO idea.

This is somewhat the order of madness. ( if memory holds )
K10D - I purchase the kit lens and a Tamron 70-300.
For general zooms
Pentax18-55
Sigma 17-70
Tamron 28-75
now Pentax DA* 16-50.
I tried the Tamron SP 35-105 f2.8 in there somewhere.

For Macro ( this is where it has been real nuts )
Tamron 90 2.5 52b -52bb
-72A-
Sigma 105-
Viv 105
to the now FA 100.
I tried the Viv 90 2.5 in there somewhere also and I just ordered the Sigma 70.
I have been obsessing over the Tokina 90 2.5 and the Pentax A 100 2.8 and have came real close to purchasing the A* 200 macro.

For Primes
SMC K 50 1.2- to the now Nokton 58 1.4
Takumar 85 1.9
Takumar 85 1.8
to the now FA 77 Limited and have seriously thought about replacing with Fa 85 1.4
I have the smc k 55 1.8 also
I think I had a super tak 50 1.4
Opps, I almost forgot I had an adaptall 28mm 2.5 and the 300 5.6

I have held tight to the Sigma 100-300 F4 but I will be honest, I have contemplated trading for the Pentax DA 60-250.

TCs
Tamron 1.4-Sigma 1.4 & 2x Pentax AF 1.7 all I no longer have but await the Promaster 1.7X

So as it is, I have the Sigma 70mm macro and the Promaster 1.7 in the mail so I am content ( sort of ) for the moment.

This list of course does not show all the filters, tripods, bags and various others accessories.

I guess a stay tuned is in order?

Last edited by OrenMc; 07-15-2009 at 03:06 PM.
07-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #126
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
I have held tight to the Sigma 100-300 F4 but I will be honest, I have contemplated trading for the Pentax DA 60-250.
LOL, I just had a mental image... Ben Stiller in Starsky & Hutch!

DO IT! DO IT!
07-09-2009, 02:47 AM   #127
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RadamFG Quote
LOL, I just had a mental image... Ben Stiller in Starsky & Hutch!

DO IT! DO IT!
Thank you, true LBA anonymous support.

I will add though so this doesn't sound so bad, I have chosen and done well in resale so I'm not out too much. I will also say the use of all these lenses has been a very good learning experience. Where it hits me where it hurts is the time I spend scouring the internet in search for a deal when I could be out shooting. And I just spotted another Pentax A* 200mm macro so I got some more obsessing to do.

Last edited by OrenMc; 10-12-2009 at 03:42 AM.
10-12-2009, 03:19 AM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jamesk8752 Quote
Here are two example of LBA to really bust your wallet!
I got these in one purchase:

...............Somehow I manage to stay married...

Regards, Jim

Great lenses.
I have been looking for a FA*400 to cross my path. No luck yet
10-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #129
Inactive Account

Funny I've caught myself getting so rapped up on ebay looking for lens I don't have time to actual print any of my photos...or go out and shoot...how mess up is that?
10-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #130
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Current collection:

FA* 200/4 Macro:

FA* 80-200/2.8 with FA* 300/2.8:

Just need a Super Tele FA*, and I'm good to go...

Cheers,
Marc
So with the 250~600 you should be good to go
10-12-2009, 06:28 PM   #131

My name is Jeff K. Potter and I am ashamed to admit that I am a Lensaholic. LBA has destroyed my ability to think rationally and practically. I am optically obsessed to the point of insanity. It threatens my well being and has demolished my bank account. My wife and friends shun me, and I actually sleep with my lens collection as I can not bear to be separated from it for long. I know I need help. That is why I am taking the lead and creating LBA Anonymous! In these troubled times of great economic uncertainty children are starving and loyal wives are consumed with despair all because of Lens Buying Addiction. Women are forsaking their husbands for lenses. The evil empires of Japan, Viet Nam, China, and Germany are prospering at our expense because of rampant uncontrollable lens buying. The traffic of illicit Commie lenses from the former Soviet Union is debasing our national morality. I personally lie awake at night fantasizing about the Leica Noctilux F0.95 lens pictured below. A lens that will never fit on my Pentax camera, but MY GOD F0.95!!!! It only costs $9995.00! Why can't I have it!?
Please support LBA Anonymous now and give your own testimony. I, and many others, need your support.

Send that evil garbage to me. I will exorcise them and return them to you...the complete process takes about 15 years...trust me...its worth it.
10-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #132
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonMexico Quote
my LBA?

Hell I ordered the DA 50-135, and before it even arrived I bought the FA 31mm.
Man you are in trouble.
10-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #133
Veteran Member

My name is Jeff K. Potter and I am ashamed to admit that I am a Lensaholic. LBA has destroyed my ability to think rationally and practically. I am optically obsessed to the point of insanity. It threatens my well being and has demolished my bank account. My wife and friends shun me, and I actually sleep with my lens collection as I can not bear to be separated from it for long. I know I need help. That is why I am taking the lead and creating LBA Anonymous! In these troubled times of great economic uncertainty children are starving and loyal wives are consumed with despair all because of Lens Buying Addiction. Women are forsaking their husbands for lenses. The evil empires of Japan, Viet Nam, China, and Germany are prospering at our expense because of rampant uncontrollable lens buying. The traffic of illicit Commie lenses from the former Soviet Union is debasing our national morality. I personally lie awake at night fantasizing about the Leica Noctilux F0.95 lens pictured below. A lens that will never fit on my Pentax camera, but MY GOD F0.95!!!! It only costs $9995.00! Why can't I have it!?
Please support LBA Anonymous now and give your own testimony. I, and many others, need your support.

If it helps when I dipped a toe into Pentax I bought, in the span of a few days, my K20D of course, a 50-135, 35ltd, silver 43ltd & 77ltd...nd twice now I have been a button click away from the 31ltd...and I STILL wanna get the K7 once the price drops...

Now if you wanna see the real destroyer of families lens...look here at this guy's blog:

THAT is serious LBA...fortunately it is not to be had in a Pentax mount, though I am sure of you asked, Sigma might build one for you special.
10-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #134
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
If it helps when I dipped a toe into Pentax I bought, in the span of a few days, my K20D of course, a 50-135, 35ltd, silver 43ltd & 77ltd...nd twice now I have been a button click away from the 31ltd...and I STILL wanna get the K7 once the price drops...

Now if you wanna see the real destroyer of families lens...look here at this guy's blog:

THAT is serious LBA...fortunately it is not to be had in a Pentax mount, though I am sure of you asked, Sigma might build one for you special.
Only would consider that beast if it comes with the hoist truck to lift it and the concrete pillar of a tripod to prevent vibration.
10-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tvfd911 Quote
Only would consider that beast if it comes with the hoist truck to lift it and the concrete pillar of a tripod to prevent vibration.
hahahaha...no kidding...but it's "only" ~34.5lbs...and think how teeny a K7 would look mounted on that beastly thing...not that the canon on it now looks very big either...