Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
You mean you don;t control the banking
No I somehow accidently missed the boat on that one. I got lazy and he took over, and I didn't have the LBA then so I didn't think too much of it....

11-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #197
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
I love that you're sneaking the package into the bedroom ripit. Do you lock the door too so you get "private time"? I hate it when I'm excitedly trying something out and the OH makes all these snide comments. It's like, let me enjoy my purchase already!!! It's one of the best things about getting the lenses sent to work. No one's there watching me gleefully tear up the packaging and shakily holding my new lenses....
Locking the door is usally not nesasary. As long as I can get it out of the box and in with the other lenses without getting caught I'm usally safe(seeing a shipping box is what will get me in trouble). While my collection isn't like rio's or some others, its big enough to hide a few new lenses now and then (I only buy lenses now and then, thats my story and I'm sticking to it).

My wife doesn't check online banking much and if she does she just looks at the ballance. Emails from ebay about purchases is what gets me caught as she checks email often.
Attached Images

11-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #198
Veteran Member

*whistles*

niiiiiice

yeah I can see it'd be easy to hide another one in there no probs. I'm keeping mine in the two bags. it's enough that sometimes I have five or six scattered across the coffee table. he doesn't need to know how many i honestly have...
11-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #199

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
Locking the door is usally not nesasary. As long as I can get it out of the box and in with the other lenses without getting caught I'm usally safe(seeing a shipping box is what will get me in trouble). While my collection isn't like rio's or some others, its big enough to hide a few new lenses now and then (I only buy lenses now and then, thats my story and I'm sticking to it).

My wife doesn't check online banking much and if she does she just looks at the ballance. Emails from ebay about purchases is what gets me caught as she checks email often.
lol is that barrel distortion or your shelf bending from the sheer weight of your gear ?

11-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #200
Veteran Member

11-08-2011, 12:15 AM   #201
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Azzy Quote
lol is that barrel distortion or your shelf bending from the sheer weight of your gear ?
The top shelf is defiantly bowing down. As far as the shelf with the lenses, maybe a little bit of both... I never really though about it but the combined weight of all those lenses is actually quite a bit!!! Many are old all metal lenses that are not very lite. Thats kind of scary thinking about it. I wonder what the weight limit on the cabinet is? Shooting angle might have caused a bit of effect too (had to stand on the bed).
11-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #202
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
I have a M 500 F4.5 that I could sell you....
Consider to get a solid/heavy tripod before trying this beauty ;-)

May be you guys and lads should consider 'teaching' your partner how to see the different in lenses instead of hidding, snicking, private moments ;-) I know i have problem too, but try to keep it short, like 1-2 minutes each time showing the differences/limitations of one lens. Over time knowledge dripping in slowly, now my second part (and my kids too) can recognize few of good photography that please their eyes. Consider photography as a new hobby for them - as any hobby, the more you know, the closer you get...

Last edited by hoanpham; 11-08-2011 at 12:43 AM.
11-08-2011, 02:24 AM   #203
Veteran Member

Oh hoanpham, the problem with showing my husband the camera is that he starts using it, and because he gets lucky and has a steady hand, suddenly just because he got One Shot of a moonlit night he thinks he's the Total Bomb. *rolls eyes*

I just came home loaded with three cameras with three lenses attached. I scored big. Am buzzzzing. LOL. Am off to check the reviews and google to understand what I've got in my hot little hands.

Oh, and I also went and tried out the 35/3.5. OMG I LOVE THAT SUCKER!!! low light, it picked up the light from outside it was like daylight. on my k100d! AMAAAAAAAAZING.... I'M IN LOVE.

In fact, I'm surrounded by M42s that I can't part with... ack. I was supposed to go through them and 'return' some to the fold by selling them off. But I can't do it. I want to keep them all.. .wah wah wah
11-08-2011, 03:05 AM   #204
Veteran Member

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*)&)&)*(&)*(&

just won another auction. i wasn't sposed to win that one!!! F*&*)&)D*S&*&)*&*()&)

*wails*

vivi series 1 for $48.... with some glass 'blemishes'. WTF WAS I THINKING????? F*DS&)*SD&F)*S^F)&^

Someone burn my paypal account already!!!

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 11-08-2011 at 03:22 AM.
11-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #205
Veteran Member

You will only be cured, wolfiegirl, once you manage to snatch the best lenses money can buy (at bargain prices of course). But then you will probably switch systems and the games starts again!

Happy to report my latest triumph over LBA, folks, a standard lens that I should really own (should be adaptible to K mount too), but fell just outside my price range...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220884282539
11-08-2011, 03:21 AM   #206
Veteran Member

oh no daniel. i can't switch systems. the whole point of buying pentax was that i could reuse old glass, which as far as I know, no other brand offers. Although a friend of mine did mention something about olympus?? no no no, let's not go there.

hopefully once the last of these lenses arrive i might stop.... ha! i've got a potential lead on another 'buy' later this week. maybe after that one i'll drop my ebay search strings to $10 and under in order to help curb the LBA. ...maybe...
11-08-2011, 03:28 AM   #207
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats Daniel, what a beauty, and what a price tag - did you sell your body parts to get it? or it just slip away??
11-08-2011, 03:30 AM   #208
Veteran Member

Hoan - No no! By "triumph over LBA" I meant that I didn't buy it. I know this n't doesn't quite make sense, but I guess I am still fairly attached to my body parts (in more senses than one, obviously).

wolfiegirl - yes, those legacy lenses are a beauty and I've tried a fair few of the best except for the legendary K 28/2 - still keeping an eye open for that.

But then there is Leica - best lenses for SLRs ever made (being maybe slightly controversial here, but not much). And the adaptation is easy. Not to forget rarities like Zeiss Ultron 50/1.8 with concave front element (just finishing adapting it with my mate).
11-08-2011, 03:31 AM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DanielT74 Quote
Happy to report my latest triumph over LBA, folks, a standard lens that I should really own (should be adaptible to K mount too), but fell just outside my price range...

CONTAX ZEISS PLANAR 55mm f1.2 100 JAHRE YEAR LENS. RARE & MINT. | eBay
geeepers.... 4k?!?! *faints*

38 ppl bid to get it up to 4k.... geeeeezus. wish i was selling that! I could do with 4k....

QuoteQuote:
No no! By "triumph over LBA" I meant that I didn't buy it. I know this n't doesn't quite make sense, but I guess I am still fairly attached to my body parts (in more senses than one, obviously).
*snarf*
11-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #210
Veteran Member

It's not "4k". It's 6k. 4 British k...

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
*snarf*
Oh, him. He's got it baaad! (for the Voigtlanders, no less).

Last edited by DanielT74; 06-11-2012 at 03:06 AM.