Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TKH Quote
Thanks!
But I had to pay a high price. The lens was OK for 560 Euro imported from the UK. But my wife says that I have to sell a lens when buy a new one. So I gave away my loved DA35...

Yes Thomas did always a great job. I m so lucky to now him personly and he is a very serios and keen photographer with a big collection of Pentax and Nikon stuff. That he uses a Nikon D300 with N24-70 2.8 and N70-200 2.8 and also loves his K20D with his Limiteds makes me be shure that I´m on the right way.

Rainer
Having to sell lenses when you get a new one is what we call "an old wives' tale."
I guess you really like the wide end--do you think you'll keep the DA21?

04-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #32

I've been quite impressed from what I've seen from this lens. It seems to outmatch the 21, at least for sharpness and distortion.
04-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #33
TKH
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
I guess you really like the wide end--do you think you'll keep the DA21?
Yes, defenetly. The DA21 (in my small setup) is the perfect lens to shoot in- and outdoor a group of a few people. You now like partys or so.
Also with the flash it works perfect in small locations.

But I will try the DA15+DA*55 as a small/light package solution for my hiking trip on the West Highland Way in Scotland in three weeks. I will see how mutch I miss the DA21 than.

QuoteOriginally posted by ILoveVerdi Quote
I've been quite impressed from what I've seen from this lens. It seems to outmatch the 21, at least for sharpness and distortion.
F*ck shure. The DA21 is a fine lens, but the big barrel distortions make it very difficult to use it for architecture pics.

Rainer
04-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I find the DA21 to be perfect as a walkaround, very versatile. But the 15mm focal length would be great for architectural and wide landscape shots!