Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2009, 04:31 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All three are excellent lenses. I owned the Tamron when using Canon and loved it. I now have the Pentax and have used it for product photography for a fashion/accessory shoot.

04-01-2009, 06:57 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
i ruled out the pentax because of the lack of focus clamp.

Id probably prefer the 105 sigma because of the extra bit of reach, but now i hear the 150 sigma is coming to pentax mount so im going to wait for that because my preference for bugs makes that more useful and i already have a 50mm macro setup for things that dont move.
I've wanted to purchase that lens for some time. Where did you hear it would finally be released for Pentax and possibly what time frame?

Thanks
04-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm guilty of starting an extremely similar thread not too long ago, and ended up getting the Sigma. I chose the Sigma mainly because of its metal build quality (important to me) and its extra reach. TBH (i take pictures of flowers and insects) I can't imagine how anyone could use anything shorter than 105mm! To get 1:1 you have to be right ontop of your subject.

All three are unquestionably great optically, so you really can't go wrong with either. I say get whats cheaper where you live
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by M Vlosich Quote
I've wanted to purchase that lens for some time. Where did you hear it would finally be released for Pentax and possibly what time frame?

Thanks
I sent emails to Sigma in different countries. You can read the full thread here.

04-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
I'm guilty of starting an extremely similar thread not too long ago, and ended up getting the Sigma. I chose the Sigma mainly because of its metal build quality (important to me) and its extra reach. TBH (i take pictures of flowers and insects) I can't imagine how anyone could use anything shorter than 105mm! To get 1:1 you have to be right ontop of your subject.
I can understand that and longer fl macro lenses are what I use most. Nevertheless, sometimes you want to be closer to your subject, to get a more dramatic perspective. Then a 50mm or even something like the DA35mm comes in handy.

Ben
04-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have the FA50 with extension tubes and i just ordered a tamron 90mm f2.8 as a long portrait / macro.

i did want the sigma 105 more, but a bargain came along so pulled the trigger