Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2009, 03:15 PM   #1

which macro zoom

Finally switched from my old ME with Asahi-M lenses to a new digital k20d. Got a kit lens (18-55) for gen use. Am happy with the Auto features and how light it is.

I've got an old beauty Takumar 1:4/100 with bellows for really close close up work. Don't need or want autofocus for this scientific stuff I do anyhow. But I'm not happy using my old manual 80-200 on the new spiffy digital body

So, I could really use some advice on what tele zoom lens to go with.
Am considering the:
Tamron 70-300mm Di Lens
Pentax SMC P-DA 55-300 4-5.8 ED
Pentax FA 75-300mm +2X

Found one of them in the reviews, but hard to get a feel of the comparison between these in a review of a single lens. Have any of you got experience from which you could compare these lenses above (or make a different suggestion). The use for the telephoto would be general outdoor nature shots in the woods, birds - some long distance portrait type shots of people in action - just general use.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with me.