Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #16

Your photos make me want to sell all my equipment and dedicate my free time to...

I dont know, fishing! whatever!

Excellent photos Diego!

04-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Diego,

Wonderful and tempting photos!
You've made me drooled on my desk and it's not even lunch time yet.
Gosh..this is what happen when people take such a good picture, almost like real..

How do you connect to portable DVD?
Do you just use the AV cable or using Pentax remote control software also?
Thanks Herman!

Yup I just use the AV cable! After using the AV cable I don't think I'll ever use the computer for shooting tethered, no matter how fast it is. It's just instantaneous and you can do live view on the screen!
04-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cooldude14es Quote
Your photos make me want to sell all my equipment and dedicate my free time to...

I dont know, fishing! whatever!

Excellent photos Diego!
Haha many thanks Alec!
04-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Thanks Herman!

Yup I just use the AV cable! After using the AV cable I don't think I'll ever use the computer for shooting tethered, no matter how fast it is. It's just instantaneous and you can do live view on the screen!
Yup, it works but I hooked it up to my old CRT TV.
But is there some kind of adapter / cable that you use to hook the AV cable to portable DVD player?
The AV cable that comes w/ camera doesn't fit on my portable DVD video plug.

Thanks,

04-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Yup, it works but I hooked it up to my old CRT TV.
But is there some kind of adapter / cable that you use to hook the AV cable to portable DVD player?
The AV cable that comes w/ camera doesn't fit on my portable DVD video plug.

Thanks,
The DVD player came with an AV cable that I plug the yellow cable that came with my K20D. That's what I use so far.
04-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by soccerjoe5 Quote
Many thanks!

Ooh that's great! Cheesecake can be challenging to shoot, you've got to bring out its texture. Well, you don't NEED the DA21 since you've got the 16-50 already

About the lighting, it depends! I use strobes but they've got modeling lamps in them with tracking. So when using really shallow DOF I just use the modeling light. When I need lots of DOF I pop em!
Yeah, lighting is going to be real trciky for that shoot. I am thinking lots of dry ice and flourescent lights. Not sure how I am going to bring out the texture, but I will find out!
04-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Yeah, lighting is going to be real trciky for that shoot. I am thinking lots of dry ice and flourescent lights. Not sure how I am going to bring out the texture, but I will find out!
Here's a tip: try shooting some strobes through tracing paper Much better than a softbox (too soft)

04-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #23
Forum Member

If I didn't know better I'd say those images are comparable to medium format! You just made me want to get a ltd.

My only gripe is that these lenses have "odd" focal lengths. When I see a 40mm, 21mm, and 70mm I can't help but scratch my head and wonder why Pentax choose these uncommon sizes.
04-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aweir Quote
If I didn't know better I'd say those images are comparable to medium format! You just made me want to get a ltd.

My only gripe is that these lenses have "odd" focal lengths. When I see a 40mm, 21mm, and 70mm I can't help but scratch my head and wonder why Pentax choose these uncommon sizes.
They chose them because with the digital crop factor their effective focal lengths resemble the classic 35mm film focal lengths (e.g., 21mm = ~31mm, 35mm = ~52mm, 70mm = ~105mm).
04-03-2009, 02:29 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Very nice work. Like Axl said "I'm hungry". I'd love to wash it down with that multicolored drink.

I've always wanted to have a go at shooting food but get put off by the lighting.

On average, how long does it take to set up the lights? is it like house painting? 90% preparation and 10% shooting?

mike
04-03-2009, 02:39 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by schmik Quote
Very nice work. Like Axl said "I'm hungry". I'd love to wash it down with that multicolored drink.

I've always wanted to have a go at shooting food but get put off by the lighting.

On average, how long does it take to set up the lights? is it like house painting? 90% preparation and 10% shooting?

mike
Haha anywhere from 30 mins to 1.5 hours
04-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Okay, coming full circle from Twitter doing a casual search on 'K20D'.

Somebody tweeted your post!

QuoteQuote:
slowerlife: Shooting food with the K20D + DA Limiteds - PentaxForums.com: I've been doing food photography for the past .. Shooting food with the K20D + DA Limiteds - PentaxForums.com
Cheers.