Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tokina AF 70-210 f4.5 Experience

A while ago I asked about this lens I found second hand at a local camera store..not much out there on it..and one member showed off some great shots with it.

What I found is the lens is well built. The internal focus is a nice feature, and keeps the camera balance feeling constant as I zoom.

The lens has a constant f/4.5 available. I've really tried to push it in lower light situations, as I wanted a faster telephoto than my Tamron 18-250 in declining light. At times I get the lens to be very sharp, and others a little soft. Still working my technique and knowledge of the lens to get the best out of it.

Aperture shows the EXIF data to be a Pentax 70-210 for what it is worth, not the Tokina.

The colors are very nice. Closer to Pentax colors and contrast than my Tamron has.

I was hoping it would replace my Tamron so I could trade that out for my first prime (I was thinking about a 43mm)...but for now I think it is a good addition to my line up rather than replacement. It has a role to play.

Oh well hope the photos help people see what it can do chasing kids about...sorry not a tech test, but what I had time to do.

Attached Images