Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
Forum Member

I must be losing my mind! Did this lens just dissapear off Amazon.com???

I want the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 off Amazon.com. right now, I just accidentally deleted it from my cart and now it's nowhere to be found! I have been searching for the past 10 minutes and the lens does not exist on this site. Can someone confirm this to make sure they're not hiding it from me or something wacky is going on.

Even if the lens is sold out they would still have the page for it!!!

I need this one, but in Pentax obviously

Amazon.com: Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II LD SP ZL Aspherical (IF) Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

I KNOW they have it...they just had it FIFTEEN MINUTES AGO!.

04-05-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apparently they don't have it now!

Amazon is sort of funny that way. They drop ship from a number of different suppliers and their ability to offer a particular item changes from day to day depending on availability through their regular channels. Another funny thing about amazon.com is that the price you pay is dependent on how you get to their site. I found a $50 price decrease when I went to an item from Google's shopping service as opposed to going directly through the Amazon home page. Go figure...

Steve
04-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aweir Quote
I want the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 off Amazon.com. right now, I just accidentally deleted it from my cart and now it's nowhere to be found! I have been searching for the past 10 minutes and the lens does not exist on this site. Can someone confirm this to make sure they're not hiding it from me or something wacky is going on.

Even if the lens is sold out they would still have the page for it!!!

I need this one, but in Pentax obviously

Amazon.com: Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II LD SP ZL Aspherical (IF) Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

I KNOW they have it...they just had it FIFTEEN MINUTES AGO!.
Back-Button the page from your cache and you should get it back - maybe the seller will still ship
04-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Amazon is really finicky, sometimes I can't figure it out myself and I use the site all the time. Yesterday I was looking at a camera that said it wasn't even available yet (a new model)--then about 5 minutes later I went back to the same page and they had one not just available, but on sale. And that's far from the strangest. I believe I've encountered your problem on occasion as well.

04-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
No big deal, I found it cheaper somewhere else anyway.
This is kind of annoying for shoppers that have items in their cart that no longer exist.
04-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
I found a $50 price decrease when I went to an item from Google's shopping service as opposed to going directly through the Amazon home page. Go figure...

Steve
This is very good to know--thanks Steve.
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had my K20D in and out of my Amazon cart for a week trying to decide to buy or not. It started out at $689 or maybe it was $669. I kept checking B&H and they were out of stock, at one point Beach Audio had it for a bit over $700 with the 2 year extended warranty but before I pulled the trigger on that deal, I went back and couldn't find it again. Then I went back to Amazon and it had gone up to $689, that's it. I hesitated, B&H was still out of stock, I went back to Amazon and sitting in my cart the camera went up to $692. Jeez, I thought, this is it, the roof is falling I better get it now. 3 or 4 days later Amazon dropped the price back to $669. Go figure.
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
That doesn't surprise me. Maybe the price of items in your cart or that you are viewing slowly rise in price purposely--to scare you into buying it NOW.

04-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #9

Just like Hotwire with rental cars...

QuoteOriginally posted by aweir Quote
That doesn't surprise me. Maybe the price of items in your cart or that you are viewing slowly rise in price purposely--to scare you into buying it NOW.