Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lens 1 arrives... Vivitar 70-150mm (now with photos)

I got the 70-150mm Vivitar in today. It's definitely a Kiron made lens with a serial starting with #22...

Of course not only is Wednesday a long day of work, it's raining. So I played a little at the house. First impressions (with nothing to shoot). The manual mode of the camera worked like a charm. I adjusted to Aperture on the lens, and images came out OK.

The digital conversion of the 35mm film camera is huge. I mean, I knew it was going to be like a 105-225mm lens, but it's really like it. My kids were almost too close.

f3.8 is not very fast inside a house at night. At ISO 800 I could get some decent shots, but nothing worth crowing about.

I was just goofing around with the camera. I did get an interesting shot of my toe with a nice DOF and got to see some of the... bokeh... of the lens. I decided to spare you all that image. I'm not a foot model. I was impressed with the look of that shot.

I hope this weekend is nice weather wise, I have my son's soccer game, and plan to go to a nature center that afternoon, so I'm hoping a sunny day will give me some great shots. By then I should my my new (used) 28mm prime.

slinky

Last edited by mediaslinky; 04-12-2007 at 07:10 AM.
04-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Oh congrats! Glad to see you've gotten used to it quite fast and enjoy the photos!
04-12-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's a couple sample shots from breakfast this morning.

Macro of an African Violet on the table. f3.8. Look at the fuzz... cool. Loved the purples too.

Son concentrating on coloring. Still has jelly on his face.

Daughter finishing breakfast. Very determined. Warm colors, I thought.

These are straight, sized jpegs, except I sharpened the one of my son a bit. I'm going to like this lens a lot.

slinky