Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #1

Adaptall help for newcomer

Hello,

I recently got a Tamron lens that didn't come with any instructions. Can one of you veterans verify whether my PK Adaptall adapter is correctly installed on the 55BB?

The one wider than the other 'fingers' are fitted into the corresponding notches on the lens. The adapter is turned CW until the metal latch on the lens 'clicks' and pops out. The red dot on the adapter now lines up with the green dot on the lens.

One more thing. What does the black plastic button on the adapter do, as show towards the left side of pics 1+2.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DiMAGE X20  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DiMAGE X20  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DiMAGE X20  Photo 
04-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boom Quote
Hello,

I recently got a Tamron lens that didn't come with any instructions. Can one of you veterans verify whether my PK Adaptall adapter is correctly installed on the 55BB?

The one wider than the other 'fingers' are fitted into the corresponding notches on the lens. The adapter is turned CW until the metal latch on the lens 'clicks' and pops out. The red dot on the adapter now lines up with the green dot on the lens.

One more thing. What does the black plastic button on the adapter do, as show towards the left side of pics 1+2.

Thanks in advance!
I don't own a Tamron adaptall lens, but hope this would help.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/50712-please-e...daptall-3.html

David
04-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I've only used that lens once (briefly) but I can speak in generalities.

Line up the green dot on the lens and green dot on the adapter, twist on, listen and feel for click, done! Both "fingers" should find a slot but it's been awhile since I've messed with this one.

The black lever is for locking the aperture into AE (aka A mode) on lenses with aperture rings. You have a PK-A version which allows this...worth a lot more than the normal PK version
04-07-2009, 03:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

here ya go

04-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nesster comes through! I can add that it helps if the lens is at its widest aperture setting with adapter off the "AE" position (not locked).

Steve