Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2009, 06:45 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I am amazed that there are still people who turn up with the flanged variety despite countless repeated warnings against it in more threads than you can shake a stick at.
I'm one of them :ugh: I read all those warnings and I knew I shouldn't buy one with flange but my problem was, being a non-native English speaker, I had an absolutely wrong interpretation of what a flange was.. I learned what it really is the hard way

04-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sajah Quote
I'm one of them :ugh: I read all those warnings and I knew I shouldn't buy one with flange but my problem was, being a non-native English speaker, I had an absolutely wrong interpretation of what a flange was.. I learned what it really is the hard way
There's ambiguity about flanges. In fact the "flangeless" adapters referred to in these discussions have a small flange on the camera end of the adapter. This small flange fits inside a recess in the camera's mounting plate.

The adapter's "ears" are also referred to as flanges on occasion.

I think we'd be more precise if we'd talk about "wide flange adapters" as interfering with infinity focus.

Iowa Dave

As noted earlier, wide flange adapters are useful as replacements for other lens mounts (to alter a Nikon lens, unscrew the Nikon's bayonet & replace it with a Pentax wide-flange m42->K adapter.)
04-12-2009, 04:53 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sajah Quote
I have had many Japanese lessons like that.