Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I have desire sweats over the Tamron 60mm f/2 1:1 macro & it hasn't even been announced yet.

Sigh....

Iowa Dave

04-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I move we all pledge to become Lens USING Addicts.
04-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #18

I think I have it under control.... of course there are a few lenses I would like to buy in a near future but in the last 3 months I have sold 4 "cheap" lenses and bought 5 expensive ones... so I better stop buying lenses for a few months before I start selling my body....
04-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I move we all pledge to become Lens USING Addicts.
Hey, CBA helped me get my LBA under control!

04-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As I have learned, LBA ends when you realize that you are doing most of your shooting with only three or four lenses and the rest of the lenses (in my case) 14 get used rarely.

PS...In fact I could probably get way with doing most of my work with only one lens and that would be the Pentax DA*16-50 f2.8.

Last edited by benjikan; 04-10-2009 at 03:55 PM.
04-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I agree with Blue. CBA solves the LBA.........um, not really. I have 2 M lenses I bought for my Pentax ME, which no longer works........so I want to buy another ME (or 2, lol), so I can use those lenses. Of course, i'll send my helpless ME for repair....probably after getting another lens.
04-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #22

Now Thats a Coincidence!

Now Thats a Coincidence, somebody just stole my A24-50 , A35-105 and M50 f4 macro!!!
Well actually they bought the 35-105 for $300 and I threw in the other two free which is like stealing (and the only way I could keep from shooting/slaping myself for selling a 35-105 for less than $300.)
Actually Ken your gonna love those lenses and everything I said about them is true. Here > https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographers-marketplace/55147-sale-lots...tml#post534824
My only problem with them was the weird damn focal lengths on DSLR (a 35-105 used to be a very versital lins).
Now my only point of refrence these days is on a *istDL against a 18-55 original, but @ 3.5 the 35-105 is easly as sharp as the 18-55 @ f11, but only at the tele end, at the wide end it's better than the 18-55 and that's with an optical crop. This lens is never going to see it's full pontential/sharpness on a DSLR with APS-C sensor.
(Point: The sharpest image I ever saw - square 1/4" of film to square 1/4" of film was a Schneider 10mm on a Beaulieau Super 8 movie camera (Kodachrome 40) - Take a square 1/4" cut out of a 35mm frame shot with the finest lens and, not so good. 35mm out of the finest 8x10, same thing.) So the 18-55 should be sharper, it's not.
If you need sharper pictures I hear there's some good deals out there on 6x7s .
In my early years in photography I shot the sharpest pictures, f11 was my friend, the most boring crap you ever wanna see. After studying with some of the greats back in manhattan, I started shooting pictures.
Some times we get so caught up in sharpness, we never see the picture.
Enjoy your lenses and really enjoy your pictures.
Cya!
Ron
Lets Buy Anotherone?
04-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by chalion Quote
I agree with Blue. CBA solves the LBA.........um, not really. I have 2 M lenses I bought for my Pentax ME, which no longer works........so I want to buy another ME (or 2, lol), so I can use those lenses. Of course, i'll send my helpless ME for repair....probably after getting another lens.
If you are interested, I have a nice extra MESuper available for less than the cost of a CLA. PM me.

04-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
If you order a lens they day before you die . . . they could be showing up well after the funeral.

As far as when it ends, that may depend on several factors such as spouse tolerance., However, it the spouse suffers from LBA, it will be like to alcoholics living together.
Juxtapose "when you die" and "spouse tolerance" and that FA* 400/2.8 I order may just result in the death the next day.
04-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MrStupid Quote
Now Thats a Coincidence, somebody just stole my A24-50 , A35-105 and M50 f4 macro!!!
Well actually they bought the 35-105 and I threw in the other two free which is like stealing
Thanks Ron and like I said on the phone , "Your babies are going to a good home and will be lovingly used and well cared for." The 35-105 will allmost certainly become a part of my regular carry kit and the 24-50 will go toe to toe with my Tamron 24-48 then one will go in my kit and one in my wife's.
With regards to "lets buy another one" won't be able to afford it for a while even though I really want a long auto focus for kids sports( I've got 3 kids playing on 4 different baseball teams).

Last edited by seacapt; 04-10-2009 at 06:10 PM.
04-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
As I have learned, LBA ends when you realize that you are doing most of your shooting with only three or four lenses and the rest of the lenses (in my case) 14 get used rarely.

PS...In fact I could probably get way with doing most of my work with only one lens and that would be the Pentax DA*16-50 f2.8.

Thanks Ben... now I have to hide this thread from the wife.. I have the wonderful and my most favoured and used DA 16-50 lens , but have convinced the wife of my needs for the FA31 limited for our tip to Nepal. I am determined to let my LBA win this time

Neil
04-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #27
Veteran Member

As long as there is air passing between your lips.................there will be LBA

Wal'
04-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote

Now THAT is high praise indeed!!

....and I dont have one..........(scratches at itch)
04-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Now THAT is high praise indeed!!

....and I dont have one..........(scratches at itch)
I find the itch goes away when I scratch with a rectangular plastic card with a bank name on it ... the headache comes at the end of the month.
04-11-2009, 04:49 PM   #30
jeffkpotter

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
In the words of Bill Walton, "You can't stop LBA, you can only hope to contain it!"
That is a very sane comment by Bill Walton. Behind all the jokey comments about LBA being incurable, or "my reason to live," lurks an unpleasant truth. LBA can get really, really stupid for those of us on a limited budget. Hey, I'm one of those guys who jokes about it all the time, but always with a grain of salt. I also understand that for some, money is no object, and that's just a grand situation to be in. Good for you! However, I've personally reached a point where I have to be very careful about my purchases. Here are 3 rules for a successful containment strategy:

1) When you get a new lens and are disappointed with it (barring any obvious lemon characteristics), give it time. It takes a good long testing period, and then some, to really get to know any lens. How many of us have ended up buying the same lens twice after deciding it was really better than we thought it was first time around?
2)Develop an interest in older less expensive used lenses. I obviously don't have to elaborate on this.
3)Make your photographic priority capturing images rather than collecting optics. Try to transfer your materialistic desire to possess equipment to acquiring and collecting images. Put your hunters instinct to work and go for that shot. That way you'll still have some money left to feed your wife and kids.

Last edited by jeffkpotter; 04-11-2009 at 05:01 PM.