Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No training either way.
Going on 29 years of equal partnership, here

04-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Get your priorities straight, Lloyd! First the new toys, then whatever the wife wants, then work. (Don't let Claire see this. I'm already in enough doo-doo!)
Spoken like a true man, you are the Chuck Norris of the photographic world!

And I won't tell a soul otherwise.

I managed to escape about 4-00pm loaded up with an empty card and full batteries and headed off to into the sunshine.

And I'm very pleased to say, the replacement lens is a good one!

So, for all the UK users of the forum I am going to recommend Celtic Vision in Narbeth, South Wales.
The service I got from Ivan was excellent. He was cheaper that all the big retailers, never queried my assessment that the first lens was faulty. Sent a replacement asap, paid for the return postage without being asked and at my request tried the new lens before sending it to me.

http://www.celtic-vision.co.uk/

http://www.westwalesbinoculars.co.uk/

He didn't have another lens in stock so the replacement took a few days, but he didn't give me any crap about "sending one right away", he was good to deal with.

Which is for me far more important than dealing with 'sales staff' at the big chains who are barely trained. I'd much rather talk to a knowledgeable person on the phone, and the same person each time, than a kid who's there part time while he's doing a bricklaying degree at college.

Anyway, I'm blown away by this lens, it's far better than I am though...

I think it's a lens that requires some thought and care to get the best out of it, and I'm looking forward to learning how to slow down and take a good picture, because I've got NO excuse to blame my equipment now.
04-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lloyd, LaRee had the true answer to priorities - if you are a married man. I think you will love that 50-135. Mine is a gem as well. Enjoy the shooting!