Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #16
emr

Well, isn't it actually quite clear what he needs/needed? New toys! And obviously a DA 12-24mm lens works perfectly.

04-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
If you want another lens I'd say go for something faster. Maybe the 50mm 1.4 or 35mm 2.0. Like the others have said though we need to know mor about your situation and shooting style.
05-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
So, i have decided to buy some 50mm/1,4.
So wich one these you recommend most:

-Pentax fa 50mm/1,4
-Sigma ex 50mm/1,4
-Pentax da* 50mm/1,4

What are the optical differences, wich one has the best bokeh, wich one is sharpest, wich one has best autofocus?
Pentax fa is so cheap compared to da* and sigma, but is it as good?
I have heard a lot of good stuff of sigma (it has so creamy bokeh and its sharper wide open and it´s build like a Tank).
But pentax da* has weather sealing and usm, but are those worth of extra price?

-I just say that weight is no problem to me, i want sharp lens, i want good bokeh and so on...

tell me, wich one is youre favourite and wich one do you recommend to me?
Thanx to all answers allready
05-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pexi85 Quote
Now, i got 3 lenses; 12-24mm/f4, 35mm/f2,8 limited, 55-300mm/4-5,8.
I´m just not so happy with 35mm ltd, i dont know what´s missing but i dont use that so much as i should...

-Maybe i need larger aperture like 1,4 or 1,8
-Maybe different focal length, ex. 30mm, 40mm, 50mm
-Or sigma/ tamron "normal" length zoom for walk-around (18-50mm/2,8)
-Or am i just Crazy??

Help me once again

i forgot to say that im lookin for a "normal" lens, for walking, trips and usual photography. I´m not so happy with 35mm focus speed, i think it´s becouse its macro... So has 40mm/50mm faster focus??

Get the Tammy 17-50 or the Sig 18-50.

That way you will cover the gaps you have in your collection. (24mm-35mm; 35mm-55mm).

One of these zooms will be the perfect middle since you already own two.

And they are fast.

Then you figure out what kind of photagrapy you want to do and you should be happy. ( I hope)

05-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #20
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
count me in "don't buy yet" camp.
It's pointless to buy lens, just because you have the money and you simply want to buy lens. If it'll be sitting in the corner and collecting dust it's wasted money, you may as well give those $500 to homeless person and it'll probably be better spent.
Think, look at your pics, think when you're taking them and try to figure out what you would like to be able to take! Then have a look at lenses that would let you do it and voila...

BR
05-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #21
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys.
Now i have to say that i´m satisfyed. I just got great offer from sigma 50/1,4 ---> 300€, so i´m gonna buy it (its only 1month old, no focusing problems).

Now my lens setup looks good to me:
-1 wide angle, da12-24mm
-1 macro/normal, da35/2,8 ltd
-1 fast/portrait, sigma 50/1,4
-1 tele, da55-300mm

I have decited that i go with these for now, maybe at next winter something new, faster tele maybe, but thats then.

But thank´s to all answers, it really helped me out. Now it´s time to go out and take those pics
05-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #22
Veteran Member

It's situations like these why I always recommend people to start of with the kit lens.

A kit lens is the best introduction to different focal lengths at a good price. Spend a few months with and you learn what suits your style, get to learn the strengths and weaknesses of different focal lengths and apertures.

Once you know what you find lacking, or what you need/want to improve your photos, you can then prioritize and plan your purchases.

I'm always stumped why people always recommend high end stuff immediately when the person doesn't even know how to maximize it. They can argue they'll eventually get one and they can learn from it but not everyone has to jump into it. I've seen some incredible work with "just" kit lenses, and not even needing to upgrade because they achieve the work they want from it.

Anyway since the thread's pretty much "done", good for you and I look forward to your photos.