Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There Is Serious Risk Involved

QuoteQuote:
RichardS:I would love to be able to use this lens on my K200, but the Nikon AI lenses mount counter-clockwise instead of the Pentax K clockwise. Could this mount on a K200?

Richard
Everyone considering mounting anything but a lens designed for Pentax bodies has got to be extremely careful and does so at RISK. Even Carpenter, in his words at the DPReview thread above, highlights the risk. Keep in mind, there are only a couple/few Nikon lenses which Carpenter was truly able to mount on Pentax bodies and have them lock. Even then, there is RISK. If you decide this risk is worth it for you, proceed with extreme caution.

I would not take any of this as valid reasoning to start mounting all kinds of alien glass to Pentax bodies.

04-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sajah Quote
I hope you can manage to mount your Vivitar 100-300 F5.0 to your K200D and post some sample pictures. I recently won a bid of similar lens (Pentax mount though and it doesnt say Series 1, at least not from the seller pictures), it's still on the way and I really would like to see image quality of this lens.
Thanks, Sajah. I'm going to research this to death before I do anything. It might take some time before pictures appear, if at all.
04-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Everyone considering mounting anything but a lens designed for Pentax bodies has got to be extremely careful and does so at RISK. Even Carpenter, in his words at the DPReview thread above, highlights the risk. Keep in mind, there are only a couple/few Nikon lenses which Carpenter was truly able to mount on Pentax bodies and have them lock. Even then, there is RISK. If you decide this risk is worth it for you, proceed with extreme caution.

I would not take any of this as valid reasoning to start mounting all kinds of alien glass to Pentax bodies.
Thanks, Jewelltrail. Caution is my middle name
04-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Richard S: Thanks, Jewelltrail. Caution is my middle name
I felt the thread would not be complete without the disclaimer.

04-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I already put a disclaimer in my post, toward the beginning of the thread:

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
Disclaimer: Use Nikkor lenses (or any lens for that matter) at your own risk. My advise and opinion are worth exactly what you pay for them .
04-17-2009, 12:21 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
SoldBear: I already put a disclaimer in my post, toward the beginning of the thread:

You are correct, and yours is witty and fun to boot. I guess I felt the thread length & expansion necessitated a reminder--would hate to read a post here by an angry Pentax owner who destroyed their DSLR with guidance from me, unless I at least attempted to cover my butt first.

Last edited by Jewelltrail; 04-17-2009 at 11:20 PM.
04-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #37
Veteran Member

I was able to find a decent Nikkor 105mm f2.5 non-AI lens at a recent camera show in town. This one was perfect as one of the previous owners tried to modify it although unsuccessfully. Because of the "damage" I was able to get it at a very decent price.

Just tonight I was able to complete the modification and though it took some work to get it done, I was able to get it to fit snug and get it to lock! I'm going to take some test shots with it when I get some time off on Thursday or Friday.

If any of you are interested, I'll post again with what I did to modify it.

04-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #38

Photos: Gallery
I'm interested. Please do so, either in this thread or a new thread. Thanks!