Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Extension tubes with A contacts are rarer than hen's teeth, some of us are converting old cheap (~$25-35) TC's into ext. tubes. These are identical to the TC's sold as ext. tubes.

I had to destroy the first one trying to pry open the whole thing, but now I have learned the proper technique and it is as easy as unscrewing the center element.

Hope this helps.
This helped me very much. I finally had the courage to take the insert out of my Viv 2X with the electrical contacts. Now I can have macro from any of my prime lenses, without carrying my big, heavy new toy, the Viv 100 2.8 macro I recently traded my DFA 100 for with another member on this forum. Not having sellers remorse, but dont know whether to keep the Viv macro now.......

12-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just to resurrect this thread for a while, I was given an old 2x TC with A contacts and as I have others that are a lot better quality I decided to give this a go. Couldn't get hold of the internal piece with the grips so had to smash the glass first and grip it partially from the inside but it unscrewed fine after that.

Attached it to a FA 50mm f1.4 and this is the result.

Bubbles in a glass of lemonade.

Last edited by Mike.P; 12-27-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
12-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I use it with my F135/2.8 and love it. But, it only works with one 25mm TC. I got three others and tried it as a 50mm,75mm,100mm TC and none of them worked well, as the center of the image didn't look right.

Here are some 135/2.8 shots with these modified TC

12-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Home made tube on a Sigma 70mm f2.8 macro lens.