Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 06:58 AM   #16

Original Poster
I haven't totally given up on finding a copy of the FA35, after all there may be a few left in local camera stores.

I was reading a review on the Sigma 30, which looks good but it's 67mm which is a lot bigger than the FA35. One option I'm considering is the Pentax 16-45 F4, everyone who has it raves about it's quality.

04-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I practically guarantee you will find one. It's been "discontinued" for years now depending on who you ask, but it keeps showing up in stores nonetheless.
04-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #18

Original Poster
In this instance "discontinued" appears to mean just that. I called all the major dealers in New England and my dad checked Nevada/Arizona, the results are the same. No one has one. It's either find one on fleabay or get something different. On the other hand the K20 has dropped in price so that is another temptation.
04-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #19
Forum Member

**PUSH**

Just buy 35mm/2,8 limited, you will love it! Itīs the most versatible lens i have in my kit, itīs allmot all the time attached to my K20D. Just go for it, dont even ask anymore

Hereīs some samples from my 35mm (notice thta i have photographed only for 1 year now)
35mm Limited - a set on Flickr

This lens i Suberb!

04-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MShawn63 Quote
In this instance "discontinued" appears to mean just that. I called all the major dealers in New England and my dad checked Nevada/Arizona, the results are the same. No one has one.
Yeah, but how many of them carry *any* Pentax primes? Did any of them carry it a year ago? It's always been pretty much a specialty item. I've never seen one in any store ever - and that even includes stores that carry the FA limiteds, the DA* lenses, etc. But Adorama and other keep getting it in, selling out, getting it in, selling out, etc. About half the time they report it as temporarily out of stock, about half the time they report it as discontinued, but it always comes back. *Maybe* this time will turn out to be different.
04-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #21

Original Poster
I got lucky yesterday, and found an FA35 in the used listings at Adorama, I couldn't get my order in fast enough. The shipping confirmation came in today so hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week.

I was reading the reviews on the Sigma 30 and it looked really nice, but it was a lot bigger than the FA35, which was leading me to consider the DA35 although it was a little more expensive the size was right.
04-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Well done, patience is a virtue.

Hope you enjoy your "Bonus" lens

Neil