Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
True, the stop is nice, but still not faster than the FA31LTD... but a weeee bit cheaper. But I would have to but it to sell it as I am not supposed to be buying anything at all...

04-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
True, the stop is nice, but still not faster than the FA31LTD... but a weeee bit cheaper. But I would have to but it to sell it as I am not supposed to be buying anything at all...

See if the store will hold it for you until 1 July when your LBA restriction is lifted.
04-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #18
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With all due respect to your circumstances, when did that ever stop any of us?
04-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #19

I just picked up a demo version of the FA35 from the used department at Adorama for $255. Last week I couldn't find this lens new or used anywhere, guess I got lucky today.

04-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Nice one MShawn63! I'm sure you'll love it--even more now that it was so hard to get!

Careful when you buy something just to sell it--especially something nice! Sometimes, it's too hard to let go!
04-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #21
Veteran Member

if it's new...270-300 is the going price. Used, anything up to 250 is fair, but you're unlikely to find one for much less than 250 unless you're lucky.

I think once you buy this lens and granted it is a good copy (chances are it will be), you will want to keep it rather than buying it simply to sell it. (what's the point in that anyway?)

Great lens, my overall favourite prime...and not just simply because it's priced right!

Jason
04-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #22

I got lucky farsisa, I got a bonus a little over a week ago and instead of going right out and buying the FA35 I was trying to decide it and the 40mm over in a different thread, in the meantime Pentax went and discontinued the lens. Gotta love it when things go your way though.
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
See if the store will hold it for you until 1 July when your LBA restriction is lifted.
Considering all of the locak Pentax shooters in my area, I would bet that it would be safe right where it is.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
With all due respect to your circumstances, when did that ever stop any of us?
Hmmm....

QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
Nice one MShawn63! I'm sure you'll love it--even more now that it was so hard to get!

Careful when you buy something just to sell it--especially something nice! Sometimes, it's too hard to let go!
I don't think I could give up the DA35LTD for it, esp since I am getting myself poised to buy a coupd of his brothers.

04-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I don't think I could give up the DA35LTD for it, esp since I am getting myself poised to buy a coupd of his brothers.
That's the problem--you could end up wanting to keep both.
04-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also, btw, Buddha, have a look at the Sigma 28/1.8: it's a bit of a chunk, but in the same price range as the FA 35, and is supposed to have some good qualities, though it's a bit afield from a 35, depending what you want. I'm leaning in that direction, myself, partly cause I'm in love with 28s on crop and the extra speed isn't proving to be as critical for me on digital as it has been on film. What I gather is that it's of more general utility than the 30, and for me, I'm finding that the 28mm I have is happily doing the jobs of my old fast Canon 35 and 50s both. (I get my real speed off my FA 50, which is actually a bit more convenient: with my old Canons I generally run my 85 1.8 until I absolutely needto go to my 50 1.2 for the speed.)

So, that's something to look at. I think it's going to be a real act of will if I can make myself get Tammie 28-75 I figure I should have for some jobs and practicalities, instead of that, when I'm having such a good time with mostly just a 50 and 28.

Anyhoo. Thought I'd throw that up there. The 35/2 is a lovely lens and a nice length on film, too.