Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
Forum Member

lens serial number

Hey all,

I got an awesome Lester dine Macro lens off the marketplace here, and I'm really excited about going to town with it this weekend to finally try it out (I know, I know, its been sitting in the box it arrived in for over a week now). I know I'm rough with my gear (where its taken as well as how its treated--I try to be gentle, I really do), so I have everything insured. I'd like to add this lens to my insurance, but I need the serial number.

On the underside of the lens, there is an imprinted number (8 digit number); is this the serial number? I'm at work (and the lens is at home), so I can't look at it, I just want to make sure I'm insuring the right number.

Thanks all,
Oren

Last edited by oatman911; 04-24-2009 at 08:52 AM.
04-24-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by oatman911 Quote
Hey all,

I got an awesome Lester dine Macro lens off the marketplace here, and I'm really excited about going to town with it this weekend to finally try it out (I know, I know, its been sitting in the box it arrived in for over a week now). I know I'm rough with my gear (where its taken as well as how its treated--I try to be gentle, I really do), so I have everything insured. I'd like to add this lens to my insurance, but I need the serial number.

On the underside of the lens, there is an imprinted number (18917048); is this the serial number? I'm at work (and the lens is at home), so I can't look at it, I just want to make sure I'm insuring the right number.

Thanks all,
Oren
That's it.
I just reported it stolen, so if you ever come to Canada, expect to get it confiscated.
Seriously, it isn't wise to post that sort of information on the net where anyone can access it.
04-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

what's the worst that can happen?
04-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
That's it.
I just reported it stolen, so if you ever come to Canada, expect to get it confiscated.
Seriously, it isn't wise to post that sort of information on the net where anyone can access it.
Hey Wheatfield,

Oren followed you suggestion but the SN still figures in your message quoting him.