Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2007, 01:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

S-M-C Takumar 200mm f/4 (Photos 56K Warning)

I picked up this lens a couple days ago not knowing how it would perform since I couldn't find any real opinions or sample photos. But I was able to get for only $37 so it was worth a shot. Went out shooting with a friend today and here are a couple sample photos from this lens.

And, since I live in SF, the obligatory Golden Gate Bridge shots. A different point of view from the normal "tourist" locations.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the lens, especially for the price.

04-16-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have the Super Takumar version of this lens. Bought it for about the same price as you paid for yours, and keep waiting to get arrested for theft.

Welcome to the Takumar strain of the LBA bug; you'll be buying more.
04-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #3

Wow, those are fantastic, great job.
04-16-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I should be devoting more $$ into SMC stuff rather than old Vivitars haha.

04-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hey Toshi,

Nice images! That looks like a great lens. I've considered picking one up but can't justify the focal length in my lineup. Beautiful shots...the purple flowers are my fav. Some of the shoreline shots show the sharpening to be a bit aggressive (bright outlines), but they're still fantastic.
04-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Lovely photos!

Will
04-16-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for comments/replies everyone!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I have the Super Takumar version of this lens. Bought it for about the same price as you paid for yours, and keep waiting to get arrested for theft.

Welcome to the Takumar strain of the LBA bug; you'll be buying more.
At any given time, I usually have 10 or more watched items on eBay. But I currently spent a lot of money on my other hobby recently so I think I'll have to hold off on any more lenses for a while (unless I find another good deal that is )

QuoteOriginally posted by d.bradley Quote
Hey Toshi,

Nice images! That looks like a great lens. I've considered picking one up but can't justify the focal length in my lineup. Beautiful shots...the purple flowers are my fav. Some of the shoreline shots show the sharpening to be a bit aggressive (bright outlines), but they're still fantastic.
Thanks! I usually only do one small level of sharpening. I noticed that this lens sometimes has sort of a glow on the edges of in focus/out of focus areas and the slight sharpening might cause it to intensify a bit. The focal length is a bit hard to work with, but it does force you to view your surroundings a little differently - it's nice to have it in your lens arsenal I think. I did end up switching to my 24-135 for the rest of the photos though.