Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #16
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

Here are a few pix taken on a "walkaround/drivearound my hometown" with the Tokina AT-X 90/2.5 Macro, showing both distant focus and "semi-macro" use.

04-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #17
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Frank, I would love to know the pricing of this lens. Definitely not going to be avaiable in Australia over the next century.
And, when looking for one, also look for the Ka mount version of it - unlike its optical twin, the older VS1 90/2.5 Macro, which was produced before the Pentax A bodies appeared, the production run of the "Bokina" fell on both sides of the advent of the Ka mount, so that some of the Tokina 90/2.5's have a simple K mount while some have the more convenient (for metering nowadays) Ka mount. Of course, the Ka version might also cost a bit more...

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The colour and details are stunning.
Yes, indeed. ;-)
04-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #18
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
Here are a few pix taken on a "walkaround/drivearound my hometown" with the Tokina AT-X 90/2.5 Macro, showing both distant focus and "semi-macro" use.
I also just put a few pix, taken with the Tokina AT-X 90/2.5 Macro mounted on a Pentax F 1.7X Autofocus Adapter, in another thread about the F 1.7X AFA - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/58372-get-auto...tml#post575839
04-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Thanks. Glad you like it Never tried PPG yet ...
I think about 25-50% of the shots in this thread alone could make it in pretty easily. Better get on that.

04-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #20
Veteran Member

This is a superb lens. Mine (vivitar) hasn't got much use lately. This thread is about to change that. Great shots.
04-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
..... more envy... ha, ha, ha... seriously bro, you always get to get the best deals...
Don't think the price I paid for the bundle is a bargain, but at least I don't need to look around for it anymore

Wow! Those are beautiful! It's a do-it-all lens, isn't it?

Thanks Fred. Didn't expect you'd pop in. Always admire those rare gear you got there
04-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I also just put a few pix, taken with the Tokina AT-X 90/2.5 Macro mounted on a Pentax F 1.7X Autofocus Adapter, in another thread about the F 1.7X AFA - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/58372-get-auto...tml#post575839
Thanks for the link. Seems that combo works great

I have yet tried the 1:1 macro extender yet. Pity mine isn't the A version, otherwise I'd love to shoot some bugs w/ flash. I'm not that good at using flash in manual mode
04-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I think about 25-50% of the shots in this thread alone could make it in pretty easily. Better get on that.
Thanks for the compliments. I might give it a try sometime. Got some photos (not in this bunch) I myself really like ...

QuoteOriginally posted by paolojackson Quote
This is a superb lens. Mine (vivitar) hasn't got much use lately. This thread is about to change that. Great shots.
Thanks Jackson. Read the Vivitar version was even better built. I'm sure yours is a great performer too