Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter
germar's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 728
k1000 and K100d lens compatibility

Greetings all:

Please forgive my novice question... I did search for the following question, but I didn't find a thread that explicitly said "yes" or "no"....

I have a neighbor who wants to sell a K1000 set up that contains a Pentax branded 50mm, a Takumar 35mm, and (she says) a Takumar 80-205mm zoom. She's going to give me exact info on the lenses so I can look them up in the lens database.

My question .... I *think* I understand lenses that fit the K1000 will also directly fit on my K100D, (excepting no AF or auto aperture) without special adapters, is that correct?

Also has anyone heard of a 80-205 Takumar lens? I see no mention of it in the lens database....


Thanks in advance for your guidance!

germar

04-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Stratman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Louis, Missouri U S A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,464
Any K Mount lens will work with your camera. the main reason i bought my pentax
04-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
LeoTaylor's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Connecticut
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 679
I use our K1000 lenses on my K100D and my wife uses only manual lenses on her istD. You will want to find the menu option to allow the shutter to release without requiring Auto Aperture. But, some K1000 lenses have the lever that allows the camera to control the Aperture when the ring is set to "A". Myself, I've never got that to work but have not tried hard.
04-16-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,713
I only have 1 new lens for my K100, and actually prefer the old manual focus glass.

All that I did was the same thing that Leo mentions with the Auto Aperture

The camera will still work in the fully automatic modes with the manual lenses, and you don't have to change anything back when your using auto lenses.

04-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,863
QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Greetings all:

Please forgive my novice question... I did search for the following question, but I didn't find a thread that explicitly said "yes" or "no"....

I have a neighbor who wants to sell a K1000 set up that contains a Pentax branded 50mm, a Takumar 35mm, and (she says) a Takumar 80-205mm zoom. She's going to give me exact info on the lenses so I can look them up in the lens database.

My question .... I *think* I understand lenses that fit the K1000 will also directly fit on my K100D, (excepting no AF or auto aperture) without special adapters, is that correct?

Also has anyone heard of a 80-205 Takumar lens? I see no mention of it in the lens database....


Thanks in advance for your guidance!

germar
For the The Takumar 35mm you'll need the screw mount to K mount adapter
Pentax Screwmount Lens Adapter

The 80-205mm could be a third party lens. If it fits the K1000 it will fit the K100D, possibly with the above mentioned adapter.
04-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #6
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 296
Ole, that might be a little misleading. There were K-mount lenses made under the 'Takumar" name. They were cheaper and, I believe, not SMC.
04-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
Ole
Administrator
Ole's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,863
QuoteOriginally posted by Rolly Quote
Ole, that might be a little misleading. There were K-mount lenses made under the 'Takumar" name. They were cheaper and, I believe, not SMC.
Correct, but did they ever make a K mount Takumar 80-205?
04-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 296
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Correct, but did they ever make a K mount Takumar 80-205?
There's one such animal mentioned on Stan's Pentax Photography http://www.stans-photography.info

09-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Junior Member




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maryland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 41
Yeah, its an old thread but I found it while searching for equipment I own - such as this lens.

Takumar 80-205mm zoom, no auto anything. Fits without any adapters.


Last edited by JimD_K10D; 09-10-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, k1000, k100d, lens, lenses, pentax lens, question, slr lens, takumar
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K1000 to K-x, split screen compatibility? FattyMcJ Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 04-15-2010 03:59 PM
METZ 45 CT1 + K100d compatibility issues? albrechtnamatdurer Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 2 01-18-2010 10:12 PM
Remote control F/K100D Super Compatibility? Ecosse Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 4 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
K100D and Nikon compatibility AlexTheodin Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 5 06-16-2008 10:23 PM
Lens compatibility of K100D ardabalkan Pentax DSLR Discussion 5 06-22-2007 05:24 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top