Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #16
Syb
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I hope that it turns out being a good lens mediaslinky. It sounds like a pretty nice range.

I can beat you today. Today was probably the second time that I've really looked at eek-bay, and I bought this eBay: 500-1000mm Lens for Pentax AF Mt ZX-L ZX-60 *ist DL NEW (item 160103740899 end time Apr-15-07 15:06:12 PDT)
I'm hoping that I didn't just waste my money
so, how did it turn out to be?

10-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #17

Just a quick question, because is about the Vivitar 70-150mm/f3.8, I saw this.. item on eBay, and I don't know if it will fit a K100D. I ask this because I have heard that some Vivitar lenses has some problems with the mount and will not fit a DSLR, unless is modified by an expert. Is this true, and will apply to this lens?
10-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Sorry that I didn't respond right away, I had to get away for a short while.

That lens has given me a few nice sharp clear images, and is well worth the price.

I love the light weight, and it will be the first long range lens that I pack along for my winter hikes.

The only thing that I don't really like about it is it's a little slower than I like for wildlife.

However when the weathers nicer I'll grab my Sigma 135-400 before I grab it.
Because the image quality is better, plus it's faster.

It also weighs 4 times more
10-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ictin Quote
Just a quick question, because is about the Vivitar 70-150mm/f3.8, I saw this.. item on eBay, and I don't know if it will fit a K100D. I ask this because I have heard that some Vivitar lenses has some problems with the mount and will not fit a DSLR, unless is modified by an expert. Is this true, and will apply to this lens?
Yep, I came across a Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 by kiron the other day at the camera store. K mount but wouldn't fit my camera. Most K Mount lenses have a large flange that protects the stop down actuator/pin on the back of the lens. Normally its just a small tab that rises out right beside the pin. This lens has the flange running half a circle which is a bit too much and interfered with the Dslr k mount (dslrs have a smaller inner cavity).

Some of the solutions are dremmel it off or if you can just take out the screws, remove the piece entirely.

This lenses are rather rare but you'll know it when you see them.

10-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mediaslinky Quote
Thank God for nice ebayers. Even though I was at fault, they have agreed to refund the total minus listing fees. Whew.
And it would've been total garbage I'd be prepared to bet too.