Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
Igilligan

Carl Zeiss Super-Dynarex 4/135 images

Ok, I got this one a while ago, and since it was F4, I never really even put it on the camera.... (sad, I know) But since I have been all over the 135mm focal length lately with the Tair and Vivitar 135 2.8's... I thought I would fish this out of the box and actually give it a shot. As some of you know, I am all about the trippy OOF stuff and at F4 this one is not that kind of lens.

But it seems a really good performer none the less... What do you think?
I have cross posted these in mflenses so if you have seen them already... my apologies.

[/quote]

05-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
What do you think?
Based on the contrast and colors...I think we don't get enough sunny cloudless days here, up north.
05-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Congradulation on this wonderful lens. The colour seems very rich there. The bokeh are quite pleasant in deed.
05-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
it seems to be solid performer indeed...

05-02-2009, 02:40 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Sharp lens, nice color & creamy bokeh. What's the minimum focusing distance for this lens? Were all the photos taken at f/4?
05-02-2009, 03:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You had a Carl Zeiss, and didn't use it just cause of the F/4!!?!

These look really sharp and contrasty.
05-02-2009, 03:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote
That's because California is known for the cloudy weather and generally horrible lighting conditions...
05-02-2009, 03:07 AM   #8

Wow, quite sharp and colorful! At F4 I would imagine the lens is a pretty manageable size? A good medium tele for daylight walk-around shooting?

05-02-2009, 04:13 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Wow, that looks like a good one! Sharp, nice colours, and even the OOF area is fine. I only see one little problem: the lens isn't on the web with your eyes and skills, is it?
05-02-2009, 04:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I love these shots - fantastic. What more could you ask for
05-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Wow! I don't know why, but I always have a sense of amazement when I see the great results from vintage or non-mainstream lenses. I may lust after a new DA* zoom, but the great performance and moderate prices of the older stuff keeps drawing me back.

Steve
05-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
Based on the contrast and colors...I think we don't get enough sunny cloudless days here, up north.
They are on the way... I lived in Wash State, so I know of the 2 month summer.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Congradulation on this wonderful lens. The colour seems very rich there. The bokeh are quite pleasant in deed.
thanks james, the color/contrast really is nice on this one.

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
it seems to be solid performer indeed...
Thanks axl... it really is a nice little lens

QuoteOriginally posted by AlexJ Quote
Sharp lens, nice color & creamy bokeh. What's the minimum focusing distance for this lens? Were all the photos taken at f/4?
I think the seagull and the geese on the water shots are stopped down... but most of the rest are wide open... if you can call F4 wide open

QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote

These look really sharp and contrasty.
Well to be honest, I was having trouble figuring out how to be able to stop it down... it was different than any of my other lenses... and I got the Vivi 135 2.8 the same week and it was a really nice lens, so this one went on the back burner.

It is sharp and contrasty, a great daytime shooter for shure. A little flary if shooting into the light...
05-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
Igilligan

THANKS EVERYONE for the comments

QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
That's because California is known for the cloudy weather and generally horrible lighting conditions...
It is cloudy and raining today wiseguy

QuoteOriginally posted by ILoveVerdi Quote
Wow, quite sharp and colorful! At F4 I would imagine the lens is a pretty manageable size? A good medium tele for daylight walk-around shooting?
It is almost identical in size to the Pentax M-135 3.5... I may get spanked for this but I think I might actually choose it over the Pentax... Although the SMC really helps with the flare issues... but I think I prefer the color/contrast of this one. But it has been so long since I shot the Pentax that is not a fair statement...
The new girlfriend always seems nicer than the old one... at least at first.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Wow, that looks like a good one! Sharp, nice colours, and even the OOF area is fine. I only see one little problem: the lens isn't on the web with your eyes and skills, is it?
Rense, What exactly are you accusing me of???? hehe

QuoteOriginally posted by Squier Quote
I love these shots - fantastic. What more could you ask for
Thanks Squier... it really does pretty well

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Wow! I don't know why, but I always have a sense of amazement when I see the great results from vintage or non-mainstream lenses. I may lust after a new DA* zoom, but the great performance and moderate prices of the older stuff keeps drawing me back.

Steve
Oh Steve, I too lust from afar at the new DA zooms and primes... and in reality I probably should stop all this hunting and playing and just spend the money and get the good stuff. It really makes more sense in the end...

But the hunt is a big part of the fun for me... and since I dont really have the money, I have to hunt to feed the addiction...

Thanks again to all who stopped by and took time to comment, it is appreciated
02-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Well to be honest, I was having trouble figuring out how to be able to stop it down... it was different than any of my other lenses...
Sorry to bump this, but I have questions: How was it difficult to stop down? How did you MAKE it stop down? Thanks.