Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
Igilligan
Guest




Carl Zeiss Super-Dynarex 4/135 images

Ok, I got this one a while ago, and since it was F4, I never really even put it on the camera.... (sad, I know) But since I have been all over the 135mm focal length lately with the Tair and Vivitar 135 2.8's... I thought I would fish this out of the box and actually give it a shot. As some of you know, I am all about the trippy OOF stuff and at F4 this one is not that kind of lens.

But it seems a really good performer none the less... What do you think?
I have cross posted these in mflenses so if you have seen them already... my apologies.






[/quote]

















05-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,255
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
What do you think?
Based on the contrast and colors...I think we don't get enough sunny cloudless days here, up north.
05-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member
roentarre's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 11,794
Congradulation on this wonderful lens. The colour seems very rich there. The bokeh are quite pleasant in deed.
05-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
axl
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,181
it seems to be solid performer indeed...

05-02-2009, 02:40 AM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32
Sharp lens, nice color & creamy bokeh. What's the minimum focusing distance for this lens? Were all the photos taken at f/4?
05-02-2009, 03:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 489
You had a Carl Zeiss, and didn't use it just cause of the F/4!!?!

These look really sharp and contrasty.
05-02-2009, 03:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,255
QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote
You had a Carl Zeiss, and didn't use it just cause of the F/4!!?!
That's because California is known for the cloudy weather and generally horrible lighting conditions...
05-02-2009, 03:07 AM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI. USA. Earth.
Posts: 139
Wow, quite sharp and colorful! At F4 I would imagine the lens is a pretty manageable size? A good medium tele for daylight walk-around shooting?

05-02-2009, 04:13 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,813
Wow, that looks like a good one! Sharp, nice colours, and even the OOF area is fine. I only see one little problem: the lens isn't on the web with your eyes and skills, is it?
05-02-2009, 04:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member
Squier's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oxfordshire UK
Photos: Albums
Posts: 707
I love these shots - fantastic. What more could you ask for
05-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,463
Wow! I don't know why, but I always have a sense of amazement when I see the great results from vintage or non-mainstream lenses. I may lust after a new DA* zoom, but the great performance and moderate prices of the older stuff keeps drawing me back.

Steve
05-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
Igilligan
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
Based on the contrast and colors...I think we don't get enough sunny cloudless days here, up north.
They are on the way... I lived in Wash State, so I know of the 2 month summer.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Congradulation on this wonderful lens. The colour seems very rich there. The bokeh are quite pleasant in deed.
thanks james, the color/contrast really is nice on this one.

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
it seems to be solid performer indeed...
Thanks axl... it really is a nice little lens

QuoteOriginally posted by AlexJ Quote
Sharp lens, nice color & creamy bokeh. What's the minimum focusing distance for this lens? Were all the photos taken at f/4?
I think the seagull and the geese on the water shots are stopped down... but most of the rest are wide open... if you can call F4 wide open

QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote
You had a Carl Zeiss, and didn't use it just cause of the F/4!!?!

These look really sharp and contrasty.
Well to be honest, I was having trouble figuring out how to be able to stop it down... it was different than any of my other lenses... and I got the Vivi 135 2.8 the same week and it was a really nice lens, so this one went on the back burner.

It is sharp and contrasty, a great daytime shooter for shure. A little flary if shooting into the light...
05-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
Igilligan
Guest




THANKS EVERYONE for the comments

QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
That's because California is known for the cloudy weather and generally horrible lighting conditions...
It is cloudy and raining today wiseguy

QuoteOriginally posted by ILoveVerdi Quote
Wow, quite sharp and colorful! At F4 I would imagine the lens is a pretty manageable size? A good medium tele for daylight walk-around shooting?
It is almost identical in size to the Pentax M-135 3.5... I may get spanked for this but I think I might actually choose it over the Pentax... Although the SMC really helps with the flare issues... but I think I prefer the color/contrast of this one. But it has been so long since I shot the Pentax that is not a fair statement...
The new girlfriend always seems nicer than the old one... at least at first.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Wow, that looks like a good one! Sharp, nice colours, and even the OOF area is fine. I only see one little problem: the lens isn't on the web with your eyes and skills, is it?
Rense, What exactly are you accusing me of???? hehe

QuoteOriginally posted by Squier Quote
I love these shots - fantastic. What more could you ask for
Thanks Squier... it really does pretty well

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Wow! I don't know why, but I always have a sense of amazement when I see the great results from vintage or non-mainstream lenses. I may lust after a new DA* zoom, but the great performance and moderate prices of the older stuff keeps drawing me back.

Steve
Oh Steve, I too lust from afar at the new DA zooms and primes... and in reality I probably should stop all this hunting and playing and just spend the money and get the good stuff. It really makes more sense in the end...

But the hunt is a big part of the fun for me... and since I dont really have the money, I have to hunt to feed the addiction...

Thanks again to all who stopped by and took time to comment, it is appreciated
02-05-2011, 04:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member
RioRico's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Limbo, California
Posts: 11,264
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Well to be honest, I was having trouble figuring out how to be able to stop it down... it was different than any of my other lenses...
Sorry to bump this, but I have questions: How was it difficult to stop down? How did you MAKE it stop down? Thanks.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
f4, k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carl Zeiss on K7? petercrane Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 08-04-2009 06:19 PM
Carl Zeiss Effi Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 06-02-2008 01:03 PM
Carl Zeiss 200/2.8+2X wildherre Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 03-14-2007 12:32 PM
Autumn's Sunday with Carl Zeiss Jena 135 kjask Post Your Photos! 4 10-24-2006 04:56 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:32 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top