Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
Igilligan

Industar 61 - 50mm F2.8 macro images

Thanks to Alan, I now have what must be my 12th 50mm lens... The only other 50mm macro I have is the Pentax M50 F4 macro.

I like the f2.8 on this one and the pre-set ap.... got a thing for this old Russian Glass.
Here are some test shots from today. It does seem to need more exp comp than the pentax but I could have been high when I was shooting... I will test soon to see if that was the case. I was all over on the exposure though but I like some of the blown out stuff...

Again I have also posted these in the mflenses forum as I am hanging out there more lately... not as much complaining about AF, or speculating about the next Pentax...hehe Plus I am really only shooting the Mf lenses lately.

Thanks for looking at the test shots... some day I may actually get good enough to stop posting test shots and start really becoming a amateur photographer... but until then I will keep buying cheap lenses.

missed focus a tad

completely blew this one up... but I liked it anyway

05-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
Damn Brit

How much better do you need to get Gus? I think you're being too hard on yourself. Id' be proud to take some of the macro shots that you have posted.

BTW, new band for you to listen to if you haven't heard them already, The Subways.
05-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Igilligan: Again I have also posted these in the mflenses forum as I am hanging out there more lately... not as much complaining about AF, or speculating about the next Pentax...hehe Plus I am really only shooting the Mf lenses lately.
Hilarious commentary to accompany the great shots--what more could I ask for? Thanks Gus!

I too like the manual focus forums as a retreat at times.
05-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gus, you must be the best reference for cheap manual focus lenses on this world wide web! Thanks for posting, great shots!

05-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gus,

Excellent shots again...this lens is similar in design to the Volna-9 50/2.8 macro.....
05-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gus, I didn't realize they made these for SLRs too - mine's hanging on a Fed range finder and isn't macro.

Love the pics, and the entertaining commentary. Yeah, mflenses is a really good place to hang out.
05-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
Igilligan

Thanks everyone...

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
How much better do you need to get Gus? I think you're being too hard on yourself. Id' be proud to take some of the macro shots that you have posted.

BTW, new band for you to listen to if you haven't heard them already, The Subways.
Gary I know a little bit about The Subways... they are like a sophisticated 'The Hives' And I like what I've heard.
And I do need to get a lot better, but what I have noticed is I go on a posting terror with each new lens and the first test shots... but seldom go back and attempt any real "photographs" with them... so my posting history is nothing but test shot threads....

What does that say? LBA is only to support my "look at me, look at me" need?

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Hilarious commentary to accompany the great shots--what more could I ask for? Thanks Gus!

I too like the manual focus forums as a retreat at times.
It is a slower calmer world over in the mf forum, but manual focus itself is slower and calmer... Those guys really know their stuff.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Gus, you must be the best reference for cheap manual focus lenses on this world wide web! Thanks for posting, great shots!
Thanks Rense... Well it is costing thousands to be a reference for cheap lenses...
Sometimes I think I would have been better off just commiting the big dough up front for the DA 16-50 and 50-135 *s... If I had, I might be a better photog by now... spending time actually learning the craft instead of hunting and test shooting all these cheapies...
But hopefully some folks who dont have the money for the big dollar lenses will find a good lens that they enjoy... I know I have. And there is a joy in that too...
thank for the support...

But if anyone wants to donate... I will set a up a fund!

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Gus,

Excellent shots again...this lens is similar in design to the Volna-9 50/2.8 macro.....
I think it is similar... I originally was looking for the Volna but Alan listed this one in the market place and was kind enought to hold it for me until I could pay for it... THANKS ALAN

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Gus, I didn't realize they made these for SLRs too - mine's hanging on a Fed range finder and isn't macro.

Love the pics, and the entertaining commentary. Yeah, mflenses is a really good place to hang out.
Do you have a shot of it on the range finder? I would love to see what it looks like on that camera...