Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax m50 macro f/4 w/ 50mm ext tube

Thought I'd give this a try after sitting on this extension tube for a year without seriously using it... Every picture I've taken w/ the m-50 macro has been incredibly sharp w/ great color and rendering so I was hoping this combo would be appealing. And wow! Incredibly sharp (even though these were handheld) and the bokeh to my untrained eye seems to be quite nice. It's a bit hard to focus though since being so close to the subject required me to sometimes be very still in an awkward and uncomfortable position for too long. But it's nice to have another tool in the arsenal...

All pics, pp was to only add usm. Looking for comments to see what you guys think!

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.01 sec (1/100)
Aperture: f/0.0
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200

05-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Really nice!

...and it gives me an answer on a question too. I now know what to look for to my Super-Macro Takumar 50/4 to get more magnification...
05-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
Thought I'd give this a try after sitting on this extension tube for a year without seriously using it... Every picture I've taken w/ the m-50 macro has been incredibly sharp w/ great color and rendering so I was hoping this combo would be appealing. And wow! Incredibly sharp (even though these were handheld) and the bokeh to my untrained eye seems to be quite nice. It's a bit hard to focus though since being so close to the subject required me to sometimes be very still in an awkward and uncomfortable position for too long. But it's nice to have another tool in the arsenal...

All pics, pp was to only add usm. Looking for comments to see what you guys think!
Great shots!

What do I think? I think I have that lens and should get on with using it!!
05-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very well done. I've had the M 50 macro for years and it is a great little lens. As I've said many time this lens is the real sleeper in the M series line up.

Tom G