Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
finalising line up

Hey you all.
My LBA is getting better of me again, and I have seen something that would help to calm it down
I saw Sigma 24/2.8 AF version in excellent ++ condiot (whatever that means) for very tempting price that wouldn't really dent my overall budget.
Now my current lineup is:
Sigma 10-20
FA31ltd
DA40ltd
F50/1.7

rest of it is not important for this decision (though I could save the cash and try to get some decent A or AF 300 prime)

so, after buying 24 I'd have great cover from 10 to 50. This particullar Sigma 24 has very encouraging reviews, and since FA*24 is unavailable nad several times more expensive I'm really thinking about pulling trigger here.
It would give me lightweight kit (24 & 40) of decent speed, heavier but faster kit is in place already (31 & 50). But mostly it would give me moderate wide anlge with AF that is usable indoors (with good light) and at the same time bridge the dreaded gap between 20 and 31.

So, what do you think?
Should I go for it?

Any advice appreciated

BR
Peter