Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
43mm filter

I'm looking for a 43mm protective filter for my DA 21mm. I know it takes 49mm screw-in but that is without the lens hood. I need a 43mm one to fit the lens hood so that I can have it on the camera. Does anyone know whether a standard 43mm - Hoya, for example, if they do that size - will fit or will I need some kind of special one, for example one that is thinner than normal? I can go without a filter of course, or lens hood, but not every situation is ideal for that.

TIA

05-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #2

This is the one I purchased:

Hoya | 43mm Ultraviolet UV(0) Haze Multi-Coated Glass | AD43UV

Only downside is that it has a silver ring, rather than black, but when mounted you can't see it. The filter works well and it's multi-coated, too.
05-07-2009, 02:47 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thats useful info as I can buy a Hoya one here, it's the brand that's easy to get. Many thanks.
05-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I had a B&H UV of normal thickness on mine and to worked fine. It was silver as well but, as previously mentioned, you don't see it. Dave