Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
DA*60-250 and bad timing

Just got my new DA*60-250mm f/4 SDM in the house and the heavans opened up with a hail storm. Mother Nature could use a good script of Lithium

Attached Images

05-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #2

Boy do I know what you mean. Delaware has been wet for two weeks. I'm SOOOOO sick of riding a bike with a squishy wet foam seat. I'm so irritated, I've refused to take photos of the rain. So there!
05-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
Okay you make me wish I had not complained. The last three days our skies have been cloud free and we've had temps around 65. I think I promise that it will dry up soon for you as well.
05-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hmm, isn't the DA*60-250 a weathersealed lens? Oh wait, the photographer isn't weathersealed

Congrats on the new lens. All reports claim it's a wonderful performer, I'm sure yours would do better when the hail storm is gone

05-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dnaseigel Quote
Just got my new DA*60-250mm f/4 SDM in the house and the heavans opened up with a hail storm. Mother Nature could use a good script of Lithium
Apparently, one of the features of this stuff is that it is rain proof.
Sorry, no excuses young man.
05-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Apparently, one of the features of this stuff is that it is rain proof.
Sorry, no excuses young man.
I don't make excuses and I don't make great photos of lawn furniture. Come to think of it I don't make photos of anything good enough to deserve this lens, but I am enjoying like mad using this lens.

And I am not young.
05-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just love what i've seen from this lens, of coarse after seeing the shots from the one someone didn't have last year (lol) i'm not too surprised. I wish I could think of a good reason to get me one.

05-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Lucky the hail was only pea-sized (up here too) and lasted a couple minutes. I was thinking about which car to put in the garage and if I realllllly wanted to go out in the downpour/hail/lightning storm to save one

Definitely put up some impressions when you get a chance. Tomorrow's supposed to be 73 and sunny
05-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I always think that Weather Sealed lens is meant to be used "IN" the rain, not just to shoot rain

..congrats for your new lens. You've just acquired what is probably going to be one of Pentax's best zoom lens.
05-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am on the otherside of the Pacific, and it is no different here. Rain, Rain and more Rain.
I,too, refuse to take another photo of drips on leaves etc etc.
Congratulations on the new lens. I agree, I think this lens is going to be a real hit.
05-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
I am on the otherside of the Pacific, and it is no different here. Rain, Rain and more Rain.
I,too, refuse to take another photo of drips on leaves etc etc.
Congratulations on the new lens. I agree, I think this lens is going to be a real hit.
Thanks for all the kind words on the lens. Just got home from work and I am going to plan on dreaming of using this lens is the morning. It's beautiful out now and am expecting more of the same at sunrise. I will post some pics tomorrow and give a firm impression then. I have the good fortune of working in a camera store, so I will try to gather some objective (no pun intended) comparison data.

DS
05-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Bad weather makes interesting photos. Go out shooting in bad weather and you'll get photos no one else gets as everyone else hides and stays indoors
05-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Since I got home last Saturday from my vacation, we haven't gotten any rain to speak of, so would you do me a favor and send some my way? Thanks!

Seriously though, even the rain pics look good. Oh, how I wish an insanely large sum of money would fall into my lap...sigh...

Heather
05-09-2009, 02:40 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Couple of test shots from mine wide open at 250mm

05-09-2009, 03:53 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I must admit, when this lens was announced, I had NO interest in it. But the more I see and read about it now, the more I am lusting after it. I also lusted after Christie Brinkley for years, but realized she was out of my league too.