Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #1

Adding missing lens info to EXIF

Is there some way I can add to the exif the missing information when using an old manual lens? I'd like to be able to add the lens name and what aperture I took the shot at.

05-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
AlexD

Re: Adding missing lens info to EXIF

What I do, is add the data to the "caption" area of the image EXIF.

Would be interested too, however, if there was a way of actually having the focal length appear in EXIF under the actual "focal length" section.

With a K200D, you should be able to type in the focal length upon camera startup -- directly in the camera before taking pictures. This is when you have Shake Reduction activated. *ist D series cameras don't so focal length records as 0.0mm with old manual lenses.
05-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #3

Filmtagger

Filmtagger - Nilemada.com
05-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #4

i discovered recently that photoME can do it. unfortunately, the batch function is not yet built into the program. otherwise it is a great little piece of software.

03-06-2018, 02:27 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by alehel Quote
Is there some way I can add to the exif the missing information when using an old manual lens? I'd like to be able to add the lens name and what aperture I took the shot at.
Raising the dead here, but thought I might inform latecomers about the command line utility `exiv2` which can be used to retrieve/list and modify all EXIF and IPTC information. I often use it to do exactly what the poster wants; adding EXIF data to pictures that lack some of it. For instance, I add capture dates to scanned film photos using this script:

QuoteQuote:
#!/bin/bash
# @depends on exiv2

if [ "$1" == "" ]; then
echo "usage: $(basename $0) '2002:07:22 00:00:00' picture.jpg "
else
exiv2 -M "set Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal $1" $2
fi

# vim: syntax=sh
On unices such as Linux and mac os you can save it and make it executable. You can easily modify it to set any other exif value to make it possible to alter hundres of files in seconds.
03-06-2018, 04:53 AM   #6
bxf
Veteran Member

Easiest: ExifToolGUI > Modify > Exif: LensInfo from Makernotes