Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Help ID Lens Mount

I have this Koboron 28mm lens with my K1000 12yrs ago. It won't fit in my K10D/KM2000. What mount or adapter will I need to use it in K10D. Thanks a lot.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 
05-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
as far as I can tell you don't need adapter, but you need dremel tool to shorten that big flange covering apperture lever. It should be Ricoh version of K mount, and be carefull, some of these lenses have "dreaded" pin that makes lens stuck on the camera...
But I may be wrong here
05-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
jem

Note also that your lens has the Ricoh pin as well (near the bottom-right of your first photo). If you manage to get the lens to mount on your camera it could help keep it on your camera for (much) longer than you want it on your camera.
05-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jem Quote
Note also that your lens has the Ricoh pin as well (near the bottom-right of your first photo). If you manage to get the lens to mount on your camera it could help keep it on your camera for (much) longer than you want it on your camera.
can you pin point the pin, I'm never sure what should I look for

but thanks for confirming my theory

Peter

05-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
jem

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
can you pin point the pin, I'm never sure what should I look for

but thanks for confirming my theory

Peter
I hope Edicon doesn't mind if I mark-up one of his photos.

This is the beast circled in red.

I 'de-pinned' all of my P/KR lenses soon after I bought my K20D - after learning the hard way about the pin.

Best,
John

Last edited by jem; 08-23-2009 at 08:13 AM.
05-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
axl
Veteran Member

A big thank you...
05-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
It should be Ricoh version of K mount, and be carefull, some of these lenses have "dreaded" pin that makes lens stuck on the camera...
But I may be wrong here
Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by jem Quote
I 'de-pinned' all of my P/KR lenses soon after I bought my K20D - after learning the hard way about the pin.
John
How do I de-pinned the lens?. Sorry, never done it before. Thank you.

05-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edicon Quote
The easiest and fastest method by far is to use duct tape to cover it up, but it's hardly a safe or elegant solution.

You have to unscrew and take the mount apart, remove the pin and replace the mount.

For more details, I'm sure fellow forumers would be glad to help. I've only read about this procedure.

Or you could just follow these instructions: theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix
05-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
jem

QuoteOriginally posted by Edicon Quote
Hmmm 'de-pinned' ... Sorry about the made-up word - didn't mean to confuse. Just an attempt at obscure humor.

The link to the 'Ricoh Pin Fix' article that ftpaddict pointed out is the original article I used as a guide to 'correct' my P/R lenses.

A couple of hints: Use good screw drivers like the better grade Wiha Phillips screw drivers. A stripped screwhead is a real PITA. Plus some manufacturers use a little Lock-tite on the screws so take care trying to remove them. Also you might take 'before' photos to use as a guide for the re-assembly. Oh and work in a spot where you hopefully can find little-bitty screws if they slip and bounce...

Edit: If you are planning to modify the lens in your original post the comments by axl are still true. The flange I circled will have to be modified to even mount the lens to your camera body. Here is an example of the flange removal on a Vivitar. Your lens may differ in the procedure. Here is another link showing the flange modification: Vivitar Flange Interferrence Fix

Best of luck!
John

Last edited by jem; 08-23-2009 at 08:13 AM.
05-10-2009, 07:30 AM   #10

Original Poster
ftpaddict, John,

Thank you very much. I'll try it sometime this week. Might be a worth exercise. Cheers

---------------------
Conrad