Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #16

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!
QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
My thoughts on this (because I've gone through this several times)....if you don't use a lens because it doesn't fit your eye or your style of photography, sell it. If you don't use a lens because the situation where you would use it doesn't come up very ofter AND the lens does fit your eye/style, keep it because you'd regret it later on.
QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Since you haven't used it in a while, the 'novelty' has probably worn off. Put it on the camera and go out and shoot with it for a day. Then decide.
I like these ways of framing the decision. I'll give it some more time with these in mind and then I'll decide.

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
By the way how do you find DA 18-250 compared with the sigma 17-70? Other than the Pentax - Sigma color differences?
Frankly, I haven't had enough time to say: the 18-250 is currently away for what is turning out to be an epic warranty repair (details).

05-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Love my 10-17mm. When I bought it I knew that it would be for occasional use when doing shoots...so I only break it out for a handful of shots during the day. I didn't overdo it when I first bought it.

Always performs and offers a touch of variety, but does need to be used sparingly...which is maybe why you got bored of it.

c[_]
06-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #18

Original Poster
So, after a couple of days of walkaround, it's a keeper. LBA continues.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
06-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rpriedhorsky Quote
So, after a couple of days of walkaround, it's a keeper. LBA continues.
Great decision... Although I personally still want a rectilinear wide angle, I think it will have to wait until we get a full-frame compatible one.