Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #16
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
PS: the only way I'd get rid of both 40&50 would be swithching them for 43&55 but for that I'll have to wait for a while

05-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #17
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Plese have a look on related thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/59954-bf-somet...tml#post592023
05-12-2009, 01:51 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
BTW, I had noticed a similar thing with the 70.... it would be 99% on a test chart and then in real life it was a lot more inconsistent. When i say real life i mean deliberate focus on a high contrast scene with something as a scale in the frame to check for BF/FF issues. Weird.... in the end i put the camera to the setting from the charts and hope for the best. It is ok 'most' of the time but i still don't always trust it. I take one wide open and then at F4 or so to be sure. Seems to working wide open ok but i have trust issues with it.

PS. Can't wait to get a k20d or K-7 that remembers the lenses individually.

mike
05-12-2009, 02:14 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Keep all three if you can afford it... though I use zooms for my Pentax, with my rangefinder I have three lenses only - 28/1.9, 40/2 and 50/1.2 (pretty much the same with your setup) and though it may seem the three are similar in FL, each has their own purpose... I use the 28 for group and indoor shots, the 40 as my everyday walk around (it's the smallest of the three, similar to the 43 limited in size) and the 50 for portraits (the sensor on my rangefinder has a 1.5x crop too, btw).

HTH

05-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I'm in a similar position...

I've got the DA 35mm Macro, the DA 40mm, and the FA 50/1.4.

I'm tempted to sell the 35mm or trade it for a longer macro (the Sigma 105mm, for instance), but on the other hand, the 35mm FOV is awesome on digital, and the lens is just so damn handy for a variety of shooting situations.

On the other hand, while the 40mm is so tiny and fun to use (and thankfully mine doesn't seem to have the missed focus issues that yours does), it's only 5mm off from the DA 35. Seems kinda silly to have both.

Decisions!
05-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Work it out for yourself.

Do you need money? Do you like collecting lenses? Do you want it as a spare lens if the 50mm brakes?

We don't know these things, can we really help you? How hard can it be to decide.

If you're not sure, just hold onto it.
05-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #22
axl
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I know it's all up to me cosmo, but to hear/read what others think or would do (or did already) in the same situation can provide some insight...