Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #1

how

i just got a new k100d my first dslr. i have the 18 to 55 lens it came with and a pentax 75 to 300. i saw another theard where andreia46 bought a 50mm 1.7 and took extremly close up pic. do you have to add anything to the lens to get close up.i know this is probally a dumb ? but like i said this is all new to me. any and all imput will be greatly appreaciated.

04-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have not seen the thread to which you are referring, but to get close ups with a non-macro lens, you would either add a close up filter to the front of the lens, or more commonly add an extension tube between the lens and camera body. This has the advantage of not adding more glass in front of the lens, and degrading the image somewhat.
04-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The simplist way is with a "reversing ring". This is a mount that screws into the filter threads on the front of the lens. The other side of the ring has a K-mount which you insert into your camera just like you would a normal lens. This lets you do macro work without a macro lens. The longer the lens the closer you can get. 50mm works quite well.

There are a few macro shots in my gallery at Photo.net showing this method.

Mike
04-19-2007, 12:52 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
The simplist way is with a "reversing ring". This is a mount that screws into the filter threads on the front of the lens. The other side of the ring has a K-mount which you insert into your camera just like you would a normal lens. This lets you do macro work without a macro lens. The longer the lens the closer you can get. 50mm works quite well.

There are a few macro shots in my gallery at Photo.net showing this method.

Mike
thanks for the quick responce to my ? im sure ill be asking more ?'s

04-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
you can make a reversing ring by taking a twist on body cap, drill a hole in it and glue an adapter ring to it. it really works

04-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #6

Original Poster
roy can please explain in better detail on how you built the reversing ring. thanks