Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Has anyone tried this DA*55/1.4 with Km?

Since everybody is complaining how slow the DA*55, but there are many people confirm how fast Km's AF is (including me).

I wonder if this combo will give different result in focus speed.

05-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I have a hard time respecting opinions based on ignorance?
Please read my posts a bit more carefully before throwing around the invective "ignorant." I have never said this was a bad lens, or that it was not better than the other lenses. I've never expressed a really serious disagreement with your informed opinion about its performance. What I said was that I found it hard to believe that the improvement over the other lenses I know to be very good could be worth the money to me.

[Unless you've compared the DA55 to your other lenses, you don't have a solid basis for making a judgement?
No. I don't need to own (or even drive) a Ferrari to know I don't need one. It's not ignorance, but common sense to know that I have no need to go faster than the very nice top speed of my present car.

I'm in the fortunate position of having a good relationship with a bricks and mortar store that allows me the privledge of trying equipment before I buy?
Cool, but why does that lead to condescension? BTW, my local store may have this lens in two years, at which time it will still be at least $800 US. They recently tried to sell me a Sigma 17-35mm for $600, claiming it was a bargain.

Fourty years of working as a photographer has turned me into a bitter old curmudgeon?
You can take your pick, the last reason is probably the most likely though.
Most of my friends who are professional photographers are sweethearts. My problem is that when I'm not taking photos, I've spent 30 years in a profession where personal slights in a gentlemen's discussion are frowned upon.

Last edited by GeneV; 05-13-2009 at 04:26 PM.
05-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote

Most of my friends who are professional photographers are sweethearts. My problem is that when I'm not taking photos, I've spent 30 years in a profession where personal slights in a gentlemen's discussion are frowned upon.
I've spent most of the last decade in a trade where personal slights are looked upon as part of the comraderie of the job and when we put our saws and nailers down, we sit and drink beer and continue making fun of each other.
Your way may be more genteel, but I be me and my mates have more fun.
05-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've spent most of the last decade in a trade where personal slights are looked upon as part of the comraderie of the job and when we put our saws and nailers down, we sit and drink beer and continue making fun of each other.
Perhaps we should share a bit of my other interest (fine wine) and slide by the rough spots.

05-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Perhaps we should share a bit of my other interest (fine wine) and slide by the rough spots.
You two are like the original Odd Couple. I love it!